The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) received a loan from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) towards the cost of the Value Chain Development Programme (VCDP), and intends to use part of the proceed towards carrying out various consultancy and non consultancy service activities.
The VCDP hereby invites eligible/qualified individual consultants to express interest in offering the services below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management and Communication Consultant
Abuja, Enugu, Nasarrawa or Kogi
- The VCDP is an investment programme presently being implemented in the six states of Anambra, Benue, Ebonyi, Ogun, Niger and Taraba. Three additional states of Kogi, Nasarrawa and Enugu are to further participate in the programme.
The programme includes the following components:
- Agricultural Market Development which includes Support to value addition and market linkages, Support to market infrastructure):
- Small Holders Production Enhancement which includes (Support to farmers organization and Support to small holders production) and
- Programme Management and Coordination.
The VCDP intends to expand/ update her data base of individual consultants. Eligible individual consultants are invited to indicate interest in working for the programme at any off:
Programme Objective and Target
- National Programme Management Unit, Abuja
- Enugu State Programme Management Unit, Enugu
- Nasarrawa State Programme Management Unit, Keffi.
- Kogi State Programme Management Unit, Lokoja
The Programme’s objective is that the incomes and food security of poor rural households engaged in production, processing and marketing of rice and cassava in the Programme Area are enhanced on a sustainable basis.
The primary target groups are:
- Poor rural households engaged in the cassava and rice value chains (VCs) who cultivate not more than 5 hectares of land under rice/cassava); and
- Small-scale processors (processing capacity of an average of 2 MT/day for cassava and 4 MT/day for rice) and traders, with emphasis on women and youth.
The secondary target groups include:
Specific Task in this Area Include
- Downstream stakeholders, particularly processors Linked to a large number of the primary target groups;
- Local government councils (LGAs) and communities strengthened to sustainably manage the marketing infrastructures supported by the Programme; and
- Private sector operators strengthened to provide quality services demanded by smallholder farmers and processors.
- The individual Consultant will provide technical assistance to the Central Communication Unit (CCU) in the documentation and development of knowledge products such as success stories, newsletters, factsheets, brochures, technical and policy briefs, How-to-guides, technical reports and editing of programme documents among others
- The individual will support the CCU in field visits to programmes sites for purposes ofdocumentation of programmes accomplishments.
- The webmaster shall manage the Programme websites and social media platforms and ensure the programmes have strong online media presence
- The Consultant will work in-house with the KMC team and will provide assistance in uploading and updating the programme sites and social media networks on a daily/weekly basis
- The webmaster will produce monthly statistics and analysis on the site performance.
Print and Electronic Media Consultants:
- The Print Media Consultant will assist the programme in facilitating press interview, press coverage of programme events, press conferences, media tours of programme intervention sites, press releases and courtesy calls
- The Electronic Media Consultant will support the programme in Radio and TV appearances, coverage of programme events.
Traditional Media Consultant:
- The Consultant will support the programme in implementing KM&C activities at the grassroots level using traditional media
- He/she will design and deliver appropriate KM products for information dissemination and knowledge sharing for farmers and other VC operators at the local level.
- Consultant will provide technical support to VCDP in documenting and showcasing programme results using digital media
- Consultant shall be required to produce photo stories, short videos and documentaries
Capacity Building Workshops, Knowledge Fairs/Learning Events Consultant:
- The Consultant will provide capacity building training on KM&C for programme staff
- He/she will also support the programme in organising knowledge fairs/learning events.
- Consultant shall provide support to the programme in layout and desigi of programme knowledge products ensuring that branding elements, style and guidelines of IFAD country programmes are strictly adhered to.
Qualifications and Experience
- Consultant shall provide editorial services to the programme. He/she will support the programme in editing progress reports and other important knowledge products and ensure the products are reader friendly and meet global standards.
The requisite qualifications of the KM & C Consultant firm shall include:
Criteria for Evaluation
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in knowledge management and communications practice. Experience working with donor financed projects will be strong advantage
- Staff are expected to possess First Degree in Mass Communications, English or Social sciences. Holder of an Advanced Degree in relevant field will be an added advantage
- A First Degree in Mass Communications, English or relevant Social Sciences Degrees (or equivalent) and be computer literate
- Holder of An advanced Degree in relevant field will be an added advantage
- Five (5) years minimum experience in the field of Knowledge Management and Communications
- Proven track record and evidence of work in International Development and/or private sector
- Good oral and verbal communication skills.
The Following criteria will be used in evaluating the individual Consultants:
Application Closing Date
- General-Education, Qualification, Membership of Professional bodies
- Specific Experience related to assignment
- Participation in similar assignments in IFAD and other donor projects
- Adequate knowledge of the terrain/environment.
- Eligible Individual Consultants should submit their detailed Curriculum Vitae with Covering Letter indicating area of interest.
12pm, 18th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit two hard copies (by hand or post) of their Expression of Interest (EOI) in sealed envelopes with the interested area of specialization clearly marked on the top left-hand corner of the envelope. This submission should be addressed to the undersigned at the stipulated addresses below:
The National Programme Coordinator,
FGNIIFAD Value Chain Development Programme,
4, Batna Close, Off Agadez Street, Wuse 2, Abuja.
Office of the Permanent Secretary,
Enugu State Ministry of Agriculture, Enugu.
Office of the Permanent Secretary,
Nassarrawa State Ministry of Agriculture, Nassarrawa
Office of the Permanent Secretary,
Kogi State Ministry of Agriculture, Lokoja.