MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Manager, Power Operations (West)
Employment status: Permanent
Department: Network Operations
- To manage assigned teams in the operation and maintenance of all mechanical and electrical systems at all MTNN installations (Network sites and office buildings) and provide support to all satellite earth stations.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Network Group Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Prepare the annual budgetary plan for the unit - NWG - Regional ESS/Facilities (OPEX and CAPEX).
- Serve the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score.
- Ensure interdepartmental collaboration - interface with other departments within Network Group.
- Establish and maintain relationships with all HOD, NWG.
- Interface with security on technological research in protecting facilities at the sites.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Coordinate, coach and influence external partners and essential support departments across MTNN’s business units to deliver a seamless pre-sales and post-sales service experience.
- Take responsibility for the development of long range plan and direction for the Unit Power systems, ESS and Facilities maintenance.
- Ensure strict adherence to policies and procedures of MTN in the assigned Regional Power Systems and continuous improvement to foster efficiency.
- Provide directions and initiatives that ensure the MTN network is operated and maintained to company standard requirements within Regional Power Systems.
- Manage and ensure prompt management of major/minor power systems faults in the Region.
- Ensure weekly reports on overall power operations systems performance of the network are available.
- Develop, implement and maintain an efficient management information system for Regional Power Operations.
- Produce and distribute monthly reports on all assigned Regional Power Systems activities to management.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
Requirements, Experience & Training
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- National travel and a valid driver’s license.
- 6-13 years experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Experience in design, implementation and maintenance/management of power/cooling systems.
- Project Management experience.
Application Closing Date
- Management Development Programmes
- Leadership Development Programmes.
28th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online