KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. The organization works from the Central Office in The Hague and several Country Offices. KNCV collaborates in country together with the NTP and other partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Coordinator
Yola, Adamama region, Nigeria
Purpose of the Assignment
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a Research Coordinator for a short term assignment for the TB REACH Nomadic pastoralist’s zoonotic TB project
Activities within the Assignment
- KNCV aims to generate a solid evidence base for the above described new tools and interventions as they are implemented in test sites. Across the 3 aforementioned North Easter Nigerian states, there are approximately 20 GeneXpert sites that will be sending samples over a two month period to Yola for this study. This will require coordination, validation, intake and further processing with additional testing at Yola. Your work will require close coordination with the Technical Officer of this project, and collaboration with the local stakeholders including the NTP and acting CBOs in the project.
- Develop project plan for implementation of the research protocol;
- Become familiarized with the materials and tools from the operational research protocol;
- Based on the approved research protocol and guidance from KNCV, train data collectors (one at each GeneXpert site) on requesting consent, administering and entering a one page questionnaire into a smartphone or tablet, coordinate collection of sputum samples for further testing at Yola;
- Organize and support data collection;
- Validate data received from studies;
- Ensure the confidentiality of the study participants and data collected will be maintained
- Ensure seamless flow of work in Yola TB reference Laboratory including sample reception after working hours.
- Participate in scheduled results dissemination activities;
- The Research Coordinator reports to the KNCV Nigeria Technical Officer.
- Short term assignment from mid-October 2019 until January 2020 with possibility to extend by 1-2 months pending project continuation and funding.
Who are we looking for?:
Application Closing Date
- B.Sc or M.Sc or corresponding Degree in Laboratory Sciences, Epidemiology, Health Economics, Statistics, Medicine, Pharmacy, or in International Health
- Knowledge of and experience with quantitative and qualitative epidemiological research techniques;
- Skills in applying using software for data collection & data validation;
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently;
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload;
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English
Saturday, 5th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (including CV, a motivation letter, proof of prior experience, and 3 professional references) to Jerod Scholten via: [email protected]
Please include “Research Coordinator for TB REACH Nigeria Zoonotic TB Project” in the subject line and please note that incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.