Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Specialist
Minna and Abuja
Duration: Full-time job.
Preferred Start Date: 1st October, 2019.
Open to: National applicants only
Career Level: Early to mid-career professionals
- As the Human Resources Specialist, you will report to the Pilot Manager. You will establish the groundwork for the growth, sustainability, and professional development of our team as it grows. You will set up essential human resources policies, oversee staff payroll and benefits, and support the program's recruiting and onboarding. Specific responsibilities include:
- HR Policies, Payroll & Benefits: As a pilot for a global organization, the team in Nigeria has made due with the minimal context-specific HR policies. One of your main roles will be to integrate Nigeria’s context with global processes to professional the standards and support of our team!
- Staff Development: Once you have familiarized yourself with how One Acre Fund invests in its team- from mentorship, to bi-annual reviews, to development plans, to hard & soft skills development- you will ensure managers and staff meet the minimum requirements while maximizing development opportunities.
- Onboarding: The faster new team members become comfortable with their surroundings, the sooner they can turn their attention to making an impact in the lives of our clients. You will oversee and improve on the reception and onboarding process, building new staffs’ experience from accepting the role until their first biannual review
- Hiring: As a pilot, our staffing needs right now are small. But by 2021, we may need to double or even triple our team! Between now and then, you can establish great hiring processes to ensure the program can meet those targets. You will inform current hiring processes and test approaches to hire better, faster.
- Recruitment: As One Acre Fund is relatively new in Nigeria, you will build recruitment nodes, networks, and policies to support current recruitment efforts, while laying the foundations for accelerated growth in the coming years. You will manage relationships with the global recruitment team & recruiting firms to short-list top candidates, while working with pilot leadership to determine staffing strategies 2020+.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, collaborative, and interested in building a team with different backgrounds
- Willing to see a problem, find a solution, and make it happen; experience working in a startup or new market environment desired
- +5 years of professional work experience OR an undergraduate degree and 2+ years of professional work experience in Human Resources, Recruitment in Nigeria
- Written & verbal fluency in English required; written & verbal fluency in Hausa desired
- Thoughtful understanding of the employment and labor laws of Nigeria
- Maintain complex spreadsheets on Excel and familiarity with Google Suite/Microsoft 365
Career Growth and Development:
- We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months. You will help shape the growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Sponsor International Candidates:
- No; must have existing rights to work in Nigeria.
- Consistent with experience
Application Closing Date
- NHIS Health insurance, 25 days paid leave, 7 days paid sick leave, Relocation allowance, part-time housing in Minna
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online