Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protection Assistant
Slot: 2 Openings
Contract type: National contract
- Within the scope of DRC’s Protection projects, the Protection Assistant, under the supervision of the Nutrition and Cash Based Transfer(CBT) Team Leaders and Protection Manager, will be responsible for the day to day implementation of the various Protection Mainstreaming during Food distributions, CBT and Nutrition Programmes, he or she will also be responsible for Complain desk during distributions, Protection Monitoring, referrals and follow up of referrals, identification of IPA beneficiaries and follow up of cases, monitor the protection incentive workers’ under him/her on a daily basis.
- The Protection Assistant will also be responsible for supporting needs and programmatic assessments, supporting the preparation of activity and protection reports and analysis (information collection, community consultations etc.), identifying and communicating protection concerns in his/her locations, identifying and communicating programmatic needs in targeted locations, supporting in collecting and managing project data ensuring the highest standards of data and information protection and confidentiality.
The Assistant’s responsibilities include:
- Ensure the organization and the implementation of all protection activities at field level in accordance with the agreed work plan (under the supervision of the Nutrition & CBT Team Leads) and the international standards
- Coordinates the Project Management Committee activities in relevance to nutritional, food distribution and Cash-Based Transfer activities
- Ensure the management of the field protection incentive workers (team and work management)
- Prepare necessary activity and protection reports (weekly, monthly, ad hoc)
- Participate in conducting needs and programmatic assessments in targeted locations
- Track, document and follow up on Complains and feedback during food distribution.
- Work closely with the Food Security Team to ensure Gender and Protection is mainstreamed in all activities.
- Assist in mobilizing the IDP and Host community to facilitate DRC Programs awareness activities with other partner organizations.
- Disseminating information about services available to IDPs and affected host communities during all DRC Food Security activities.
- Coordinates with M&E during PDMs and House-hold surveys in our intervention area
- Supervises the activities of the Community Nutrition Mobilisers and SBCC facilitators
- Any other tasks required by the Nutrition/CBT Team Leaders or Protection Manager, according to programmatic needs.
- BA. /B.Sc. in the relevant field (Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, Education, Counselling, Human Rights, Development Studies, etc.)
- 2 years of work experience in a humanitarian organization
- 1 year of hands-on experience in the protection sector
- Experience with remote management will be considered as an advantage
- Excellent communication skills (oral and writing), proven capacity to maintain communication with remote locations
- High reporting skills (excellent writing skills)
- Strong ability to multi-task and work independently, attention to details, and a high level of proactivity
- Previous experience with DRC Protection programming
Application Closing Date
- Availability: ASAP
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for tax returns.
27th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Protection Coordinator”.
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals Only
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.