The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
The School of Business and Entrepreneurship is recruiting to fill positions as described below:
Job Title: Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/ Professor
Yola, Adamawa State
Expected Starting Date: January 1, 2020
Departmenrt: Entrepreneurship, Accounting, Finance and General Management
- AUN is seeking motivated Professor/Associate/Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship, Accounting, Finance and General Management who will be responsible for teaching, research and community service as may be requested by the Dean of the School of Business and Entrepreneurship.
- The candidates will contributes to preparing students to be applied, critical thinkers and problem solvers through innovative teaching and research.
- Appointees will work closely with the Dean of the school in formulating and implementing course structures that would translate to effective teaching and learning of courses in line with the development philosophy of the American University of Nigeria.
- PhD in Entrepreneurship, Management, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration is required
- Knowledge and experience of the American Educational system is a MUST. American trained will be preferred.
- Prior teaching experience in a graduate or undergraduate program or corporate training is required
- Ability and experience teaching across disciplines (e.g. marketing, international business, Fintech, Business Analytics, Human Resources Management) is a plus
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
Application Closing Date
- Current knowledge of the relevant discipline
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and mentoring students
- Ability to respond to the needs of learners from a variety of educational backgrounds in a multicultural environment
- Ability to deliver course outcomes and content through a variety of teaching/learning styles
- Ability to use technology effectively in teaching
- Respect for students and a genuine interest in their learning
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good organizational skills and timeliness in responding to student inquiries
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with students and colleagues
- Proven experience and success in teaching in a variety of delivery formats, including face-to-face, online, and blended technologies is preferred.
- Ability to use variety of tools and technologies in the classroom.
21st November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV to the "Dean, School of Business" via: [email protected]
using the Job title" as the subject of the email.