At Plum, we believe in transparency, commitment, and a culture of support and team orientation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Developer
Waterloo, Ontario (Canada - Move to Canada, We Will Sponsor For Visa's)
- As we embark on our next-generation product and continue to scale our team, we are actively exploring the globe for the absolute best technical talent.
- With a diverse and international team already, we have both the expertise around Canadian immigration and a track record of success around on-boarding international professionals.
- If Canada is a destination target and joining a scaling team with interesting challenges, consider Plum.io and what we can do together.
What You'll Do
- The future of work means a growing impact from artificial intelligence, the automation of jobs, and changing models of what work looks like.
- At Plum, we’re preparing enterprise organizations for the biggest disruption to the workforce since the industrial revolution by quantifying people’s innate strengths and matching them to jobs where they thrive.
- We are a Waterloo-based SaaS company of 22 people (in the process of doubling in size!) that automates advanced Industrial/Organizational Psychology to provide organizations with the talent data they need to prepare for the future of work.
- As a Software Developer, you’ll join the Engineering team to build, support, and evolve Plum’s application and infrastructure. Our application is built using Python/Django, Typescript/Angular, and we leverage Docker in all environments from development through to production (AWS ECS/ECR).
What You'll Need
- Join an Agile team that works in close collaboration with the Product team to build, support, and evolve the Plum application.
- Help to design and develop new product features with the team.
- Be an active participant in the code review process.
- Create unit tests for existing and new code bases.
- Document system, feature, and testing designs with the team.
- Monitor and maintain the system with bug fixes.
- Learn our backend and frontend languages/frameworks.
- Continually strive to increase your software development craft through participating in learning opportunities and receiving one-to-one guidance.
Who You are
- Experience building RESTful APIs and have experience with Python.
- Experience building single page web applications (e.g. Angular, React, etc.).
- Comfort and preference for working in a Linux environment.
- To believe strongly in writing testable and maintainable code.
- Experience using Docker is an advantage.
- Experience with and knowledge of SQL (PostgreSQL a plus).
Application Closing Date
- Explain ideas with clear and concise language.
- Receive and deliver feedback constructively.
- Build and maintain long-term working relationships.
- Adapt to others' strengths and weaknesses.
- Attend to details to ensure accurate and timely completion of projects.
- Solve complex problems despite time pressure.
- Consistently surpass quality standards.
1st January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We want to know more about who you are and how you’ll fit with our team and culture, as such we ask that you complete the Plum Discovery Survey (follow the Apply link below). By taking our Discovery Survey you’ll get a chance to check out our base product first hand and get your own Plum Profile that highlights your strengths and gives you tips to make sure your next role is the right fit.
- At Plum, we are committed to building inclusive organizations – and that starts with our own team. We believe that diversity of thought and background breeds unbridled innovation. Therefore, we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process, please email [email protected].