Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya and Ethiopia, and is starting up operations in Nigeria. The mission is to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities. Nuru’s first involvement in Nigeria was established in 2017 and began work in 2018 in Adamawa State, Nigeria with the creation of Nuru Nigeria. The long-term goal of Nuru Nigeria is the establishment of a locally led, self-sustainable, Nigerian NGO which will continue to work with local rural communities indefinitely.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Research Assistant
Location: Michika, Adamawa
Slot Required: Twenty-Five (25)
Employment Type: Temporary Employment
Start Date: April/May, 2020
Duration: Two Weeks
Reports To: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
The Research Assistant (enumerator) will be responsible for primary data collection during surveys, assessments and qualitative studies such as FGD, KII etc for Nuru Nigeria in Michika LGA.
- Support Nuru Nigeria M&E unit in the collection of primary data during surveys, assessment and qualitative studies such as FGD, KII etc
- Ensuring that Nuru Nigeria data collection activities are carried out in line with standard
- Perfect all required data quality checks as instructed during data collection
- Proper records and documentation of all survey materials
- Daily update on activity progress
- Transcribing and translating qualitative data
- National Diploma, NCE or its equivalent with at least One year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Speaks, reads and writes fluently in English, Kamwe, Hausa & Fulfulde required
- Knowledge of operational area
- Previous experience as an emergency or Research Assistant working with an NGOs
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and demonstrates understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
- Knowledge of transcribing data into information as requested by NN
- Understanding of confidentiality requirements
- Experience moderating and conducting FGD & KII discussions
- Resident and familiarity with the terrain in North East Nigeria
- Excellent computer application skills, particularly Ms Word & Excel programs
- Can operate an android phone
- Strong typing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player with positive attitude
- Flexibility in a fast-paced evolving work environment
- Good communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision while maintaining high level of accuracy
- Demonstrate ability to operate in both office and field settings
- Prior experience of carrying out surveys, conducting interviews, and undertaking assessments.
- Experience implementing electronic data collection methods
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the "Job Title & Location" as the subject of the email.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.