Pivotage Consulting - Our client is one of the world's leading insurers and asset managers with more than 92 million retail and corporate customers. With a broad range of personal and corporate insurance services, ranging from property, life and health insurance to assistance services to credit insurance and global business insurance is looking to engage a Head, Human Resources.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Human Resources
Ref Id: AI/111/HHR
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Type: Full Time
Reports to: Group Head Corporate Services
Job Summary /Objective
- The Head of Human Resources will be responsible and accountable for the development and execution of HR systems, policies, frameworks/structures and processes to assist departments and individual teams to achieve their strategic objectives.
- He/she has responsibility for all people based activity within the organization from both an operational and strategic perspective.
- The Head, Human resources will also be involved in areas such as resource planning, recruitment, training, and compensation and is the first point of contact for all employee related issues.
- Developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with overall business strategy.
- Bridging management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances and other issues.
- Managing and creating activities that retain employees within the organization, aware of company's competitiveness and employees career path
- Managing policies that aim to maximize the workforce and company's performance.
- Implementing activities where the functional teams and HR work together to set rewards and incentives to reach a common goal or outcome.
- Maintaining and keeping check on the minimum standards of environment, health and safety rules of the organization.
- Managing the recruitment and selection process.
- Developing and monitoring overall HR strategies, systems and procedures across the organization.
- Developing and implementing a performance management system that best suits the organization.
- Nurturing a positive working environment.
- Developing a reward and compensation plan.
- Assessing training needs to apply and monitoring training programs.
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- First degree or its equivalent from a reputable university.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field. (Master’s degree added advantage)
- 5-8 years’ experience in HR or relevant role.
- Good knowledge of the labor code and HR regulations.
- Strong understanding of leading HR best practices and industry trends.
- HR qualifications (e.g. CIPM, CIPD, SHRM, etc.) desirable but not compulsory.
- Extensive relevant experience (generalist or specialist) is required.
- Strong knowledge of recruitment practices, metrics, and guidelines.
- Must be confident and very well presentable.
- Must be a good team player.
- Must have administrative Writing Skills
- Diligent and firm with high ethical standards, has sense of confidentiality
- Must have decision-making skills, Organizational skills, Training and developmental Skills.
- Maintaining Employee Files and Records,
- Must have good budgeting skills, Compensation and Wage Planning & Benefits Administration,
- Must have good organizational skills and teamwork.
Application Closing Date
10th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (MS Word format only) to: [email protected] Using the role "Head, Human Resources" as the subject of your application.