Synapse Services is a Centre for Psychological Medicine that is committed to providing a full range of mental health and substance misuse services in a caring, patient- centred environment. We are located in the heart of Nigeria - Abuja, with branches in Lagos, and Anambra state. We provide first class psychological and psychiatric care, with a range of therapeutic programs suited to individual needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Psychologist - ADHD Service
Core Job Functions
- Work in an ADHD Service and provide diagnosis and psychological intervention for ADHD in children and adult
- Organize and carry out trainings and presentations on ADHD
- Counsel individuals and groups regarding problems such as stress, substance abuse, and family situations, in order to modify behaviour and/or to improve personal, social, and vocational adjustment.
- Offering therapy and treatments for difficulties relating to mental health problems such as anxiety, depression, and addiction, social and interpersonal problems.
- Identify psychological, emotional, or behavioural issues, and diagnose disorders, using information obtained from interviews, tests, records, and reference materials.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team alongside doctors, nurses, social workers, education professionals, health visitors, psychiatrists and occupational therapists;
- Develop and implement individual treatment plans, specifying type, frequency, Intensity, and duration of therapy.
- Prepare and type a biopsychosocial assessment, psychological case formulation and develop an individualized treatment plan for every patient in therapy.
- Facilitate Diverse Group therapeutic sessions.
- Select, administer, score, and interpret psychological tests in order to obtain information on individuals' intelligence, achievements, interests, and personalities.
- Utilize a variety of treatment methods such as cognitive behavioural therapy, psychotherapy, behaviour modification, stress reduction therapy, psychodrama and play therapy.
- The post holder will also be interviewed to function as a program officer for Reconnect Health Development Initiative Reconnect HDI. More information about Reconnect-HDI can be found on www.reconnecthdi.org
Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum of a Master degree in Clinical Psychology
- Must have completed NYSC
- Minimum of 3 years internship and/ or paid Clinical experience
- Strong communication.
- Excellent relationship management and business development skills
- Proactive problem-solving approach.
- Stress tolerance.
- High level of professionalism.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skill
- Experience in management of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) will be a very high advantage
Application Closing Date
23rd July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected]
Note: The subject of the email should be “Clinical Psychologist- ADHD “failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification.