Ativo seeks to use payment technology to provide sustainable innovative interventions to create economic development in Africa. Our flagship product, QuickRaiz, is the leading domestic crowd funding platform in Nigeria. It is designed to help individuals and organizations raise funds to meet social and economic needs.
The QuickRaiz platform reflects our dedication to building superior products that deliver great customer experience. Our team includes people who believe in being innovative, efficient and swift and are committed to our core values of Integrity. It is a team and an organization who are committed to building a business and products that make a difference.
We have partnerships with several banks and technology companies including Electronic Payplus and Interwitch. We are based in Lagos, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Executive, Business Growth Driver
About the Chief Executive Business Growth Driver Role
- You will develop a comprehensive strategy for driving business growth for Ativo and all our products including Quickraiz. You will be responsible for executing the strategy and delivering on business goals and strategic objectives as agreed with the board of Ativo. You will responsible for aligning the organization to deliver on these goals and objectives.
- The ideal candidate will come from Уstart-upФ like environments, be mission-driven, a clear communicator with a solid background in the payments space. The candidate must have a passion for social and economic change on the African continent.
- He/ She must be experienced in developing products, building a business and scaling quickly to achieve rapid growth. Experience with courting investors to fund start-ups would be a huge advantage.
- The role is based in Lagos, Nigeria. You will be reporting directly to the Group CEO.
What You Will be Boing
- Articulating vision for the business and the products
- Developing a strategy to actualize the business goals and strategic objectives to achieve the vision
- Build and manage a high performance team
- Drive the execution of the business strategy to achieve growth coordinating the activities of all the business functions including sales, marketing, product, engineering, etc.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and partners
- Provide periodic feedback to the Group CEO and the Board of Ativo.
- Achieve business and financial targets
- Position the business to be attractive to investors
- Support the engagement of investors and the raising of capital to accelerate business growth.
What it takes to succeed:
- 8+ years in a role that involves building and growing a business from start-up
- Experience in payments/financial services
- Ability to develop deep relationships with customers and partners
- Excellent sense of judgment - able to help steer the company to achieve innovation and growth
- Critical problem-solving skills
- Ability to drive business, market and product development
- Knowledge of what is takes to position a company to attract investors within the Fintech space.
While this is not a requirement, it would be a plus if you have:
- Prior experience in running a Fintech company as a CEO and achieving a successful fund raise
- Prior experience in running a crowdfunding platform / business.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working environment
- Housing/car assistance
- Full medical coverage
- Pension contributions.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- A very important factor for this role is a relevant operational experience in the payment/ fintech space.
- Ativo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. WeТre committed to providing employees with a work environment that is progressive and open-minded.
- Our employment philosophy is to hire the best people and empower them to do the best work of their lives. Employment decisions are based on business needs and individual merit without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, gender or age.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.