College of Education, Akwanga, Nasarawa State, was established in 1976 and offers full-time, sandwich and part-time Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) Programmes, Pre-NCE and Degree Programmes. The Degree programmes are in affiliation with the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: College Provost
Location: Akwanga, Nasarawa
- Candidates for the post must possess demonstrable evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, management of human and material resources, good human relations and other positive managerial attributes.
- The Provost is the Chief Executive of the College and is responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of the College.
- Provide the required Academic, Administrative and Professional Leadership for the College in executing, the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council for the achievement of the goals and objectives of the College.
- The Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the College;
- The Chairman of the Academic Board that directs and oversees academi activities of the College;
- A member of the College Governing Council in charge of providing periodic reports on the progress of the College in terms of personnel, finances, infrastructure and ensuring that the decisions of Council are carried out promptly;
- Responsible for approving and authorizing all payments and expenditures of the college in accordance with approved thresholds and Governing Council’s decisions.
- The Provost must ensure sound financial management system and discipline in the College.
- The Provost shall foster good rapport with the relevant organs of the State Ministry of Education, Science & Technology, National Commission for Colleges of Education and other professional bodies that would lead the College to the status of academic excellence.
- Candidate must be computer literate.
Candidates for the post of Provost should possess the followings:
- A Master's Degree in a field relevant to, at least, one programme in the College with a minimum of eighteen (18) years post qualification teaching / research experience in the College of Education System; and in addition must have held a Senior Teaching / Research as well as holding top Administrative Leadership position in an Institution of Higher learning
- Possession of Doctorate Degree (Ph.D) is an added advantage
- At least three (3) years’ experience as a Chief Lecturer in a College of Education
- Evidence of good track record in result-oriented researches at national and international levels, as evident in scholarly publications
- Evidence of professional standing and honours
- Demonstrable evidence of good conduct, discipline, dedication, drive, resourcefulness and ability, to command respect and loyalty of members of Staffs and Students of the College
- Candidate shall not foster personal, social, ethnic, political, religious and other sectional interest
- Possession of professional teaching qualification, a minimum of Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE or Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), including registration with the Teachers’ Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) is mandatory
- Evidence of community services at both local and national levels
- Candidate must be a person of vision, a goal getter, and one that can produce and execute a strategic plan for the College
- The appointment is for a period of four (4) years.
- The salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are as applicable to the post of a Provost of College of Education Akwanga, Nasarawa State.
Application Closing Date
9th November, 2020.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit twenty (20) copies of their Applications (including credentials and Curriculum Vitae) in the following order:
- Post sought
- Full name (surname underline)
- Marital status, number and ages of children
- Mobile phone number(s) and E-mail Address(es)
- Date and place of birth, local government area and state of origin
- Current postal address and permanent home address
- Current postal address and permanent home address
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualifications and distinctions with dates
- Membership of professional associations/bodies and valid working experience in a chronological sequence
- Present employer, status and salary
- Extra-curricular activities
- Publications in standard APA format
- Full research grants attracted over the years with evidence.
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be
- Present employer
- Signature and date
The application should be accompanied with a two-page statement of the candidate’s mission and vision for the College.
The application should be enclosed in an envelope marked “Position of Provost” at the top left corner, and addressed and submitted to:
College of Education,
P.M.B 05, Akwanga,
Note: Candidates are also to ensure that their referees submit confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar within the specified period.