The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Health Administrative Management Specialist
Announcement Number: Abuja-2020-049
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Series / Grade: LE - 0540 10
Promotion Potential: LE-10
Work Schedule: Full-time - 40 hours per week
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply / Clarification: For USEFM - FP is 4. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- From the Agency: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- Job Holder is a specialist in the Partner Management Team (PMT) who assists the LE Staff Deputy in oversight and day to day management and administration of agency grants and cooperative agreements to support and promote effective and coordinated implementation, monitoring and overall management of activities funded under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and carried out by implementing partners (IPs) in Nigeria.
- S / he manages a cooperative agreement / grant portfolio with an annual value of up to $50 million and is responsible for daily guidance and communication to grantees/IPs and for processing all cooperative agreement / grants management activities including applications, supplements, pre-award and post-award actions, closeouts; coordination of extramural processes; conducting detailed budget analysis; and monitoring expenditures and fiscal progress relative to approved budgets through monthly reports and data collection.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Public Administration, Business Management and / or Administration, Economics, Finance, Pure Science, Applied Science or Social Sciences is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible grants management experience in a public health field or a health-related international development organization.
- Must possess knowledge of implementing partner management and grants/cooperative agreements programs, policies, regulations, protocols and ethical considerations applicable to the development and administration of national and international HIV/AIDS public health programs.
- Good working knowledge of PEPFAR, host government and international public health system including knowledge of administrative, budgeting and fiscal management systems in support of funding mechanism such as contracts, cooperative agreements, grants and acquisitions is required.
This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Language: Advanced level in Speaking/Writing/Reading English is required.
- Skills And Abilities: Ability to assess grants management issues and develops realistic solutions. Excellent inter-personal skills, along with intermediate user level of word processing, spreadsheets and databases are required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
NGN ₦12,772,559 - USD $53,065 / Year
Application Closing Date
2nd November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position:
- Residency and / or Work Permit (If applicable)
- Degree (not transcript)
- NYSC Certificate
For EFMs, in addition to the above;
- Copy of Orders / Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Certificate or License
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria.