Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Marketing Manager
Locations: Lagos, Nigeria and Johannesburg, South Africa
About the Job
- Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey.
- From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
- The Product Marketing Manager will work across several aspects of marketing – go-to-market strategy, campaigns, advocacy, events and communication, but more specifically across consumer products excellence and user insights.
- Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Develop actionable, data-driven insights to inform product and marketing strategy. Leverage marketing insights to better understand our customers and represent the voice of the user.
- Work with visiting research teams to help them better understand the market and achieve their objectives.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders including product, user experience, design, analytics, creative and leadership, to drive product roadmaps, strategy and execution.
- Understand multiple dashboards, use the data to analyze product health and be able to use that information to influence direction on product and marketing.
- Support product pilots in the market by providing on-the-ground research and marketing support when needed.
- Experience using user insights to drive product excellence.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting online consumer insights and trends.
- Experience working with product and engineering teams.
- Experience working in the technology industry.
- Marketing experience.
- Knowledge of Google's products and the technology industry.
- Ability to develop and understand strategy.
- Ability to think across disciplines, industries, cultures and scenarios.
Application Closing Date