PharmAccess Group is an international technical assistance organization that designs and implements demand - and supply - side interventions for inclusive health markets to improve access to affordable and quality healthcare for low-income populations of sub-Saharan Africa. Our range of interventions / solutions include development of demand-side financing frameworks (not limited to health insurance), SafeCare quality standards and the Medical Credit Fund (provides business advisory support and facilitates loans to the private health sector working with partner financial institutions) and technological innovations (an example is CarePay, a health data exchange platform for scheme operations).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: BHCPF Private Sector Officer
Locations: Borno, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano and Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
- PharmAccess is a specialist partner responsible for implementing the private sector component on the Lafiya programme led by Palladium to deliver the UK Support for Health in Nigeria
- Lafiya will be delivered at federal level, as well as with a focus on targeted states (Borno, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano and Yobe) with activities taIilored for each specific state instead of a “one size fits all” approach
- The programme will run for an initial term of up to 7 years from February, 2020 to January, 2027 (subject to availability of funding and other approvals by the Client).
- The BHCPF Private Sector Officer will provide technical assistance to the State Team to implement BHCPF, working through Outcome 2 support
- S/he will assist with building a network of trusted private health care providers by developing and implementing innovative value propositions to strengthen their business and clinical performance and hence the quality of healthcare services and patient safety
- In addition, s/he will work on promoting the adoption of the quality agenda by private sector players and their empanelmenton the state health insurance schemes and BHCPF. The BHCPF Private Sector Officer will be a member of the Borno / Yobe / Jigawa / Kaduna / Kano team.
- Support the delivery of Program Output 4 “Private sector”: Improved effectiveness of private sector in delivering affordable basic health services
- Provide technical assistance for the empanelment of private sector health providers on the State Health Insurance Scheme (SHIS) and BHCPF
- Assist in capacity strengthening for private facilities implementing of BHCPF using the approved BHCPF operational guidelines
- Support the development of models for delivering low-cost health services and improving regulation of the private health sector
- Provide technical assistance for private sector interventions for self-regulation, quality assurance and improvement
- Develop and strengthen a network of trusted providers, introducing and implementing products and services to strengthen their quality and business practices
- Conduct SafeCare Assessments, including entry, review and reporting of assessment data
- Support the development and implementation of quality improvement plans for health facilities
- Conduct periodic monitoring of progress in implementing quality improvement plans and achieving set targets
- Coordinate facility level quality trainings and provide technical assistance to government and health providers
- Continuous review of all ongoing programs and tools, suggesting updates and improvements from lessons learned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Medical or health-related Degree, preferably combined with a Public Health or Business Degree, e.g. MPH, MBA
- At least 5 years work experience in clinical health settings and / or development sector
- Must have a sound knowledge National Health Act (NHACT) and Basic Health Care Provision Fund (BHCPF) and have capacity building and project management experience in public health programs
- Experience with technical assistance for programs funded by international development agencies in developing countries, with significant Northern Nigeria experience
- Demonstrated technical depth and understanding of the health policy environment and governance in Nigeria, particularly in the Northern Nigeria preferred
- Good knowledge of quality improvement approaches in healthcare and data management processes
- Capable of interacting professionally and constructively with facility managers, clinic staff and others
- Experience in coordination and collaboration with stakeholders including government agencies, institutions, the private sector (health and non-health), and CSOs.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills, ability to work effectively with different levels of professional cadres
- Proven planning and coordination skills with an eye for detail
- Critical thinking, research and report writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite, databases and web applications
- Awareness of relevant trends and new (mobile) technologies in healthcare
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; working knowledge of Hausa and other local languages preferred.
- PharmAccess Foundation will offer competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience and ability.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following Application documents below to: [email protected] with "BHCPF Private Sector Officer (indicate the preferred state)" as the subject of the mail.
- A one-page Cover Letter describing why you are interested in the position and why you are the ideal candidate for this position
- Your CV.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- PharmAccess is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis.