CarePoint is a chain of healthcare facilities dedicated to offering the highest quality of health care services at an affordable cost. CarePoint health facilities are situated across several local government and communities in Lagos state, specifically. We currently own three (3) facilities across Lagos and part of our mission is to expand.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Medical Officer
Location: Ojo, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for overseeing the daily operations and overall patient care in the absence of the HOC.
- Assist in planning, implementing and administering health programs and illness prevention activities to ensure that staff adopt healthy lifestyle and prevent disease.
- Assist in the implementation of policies/guidelines and management protocols for the promotion of best practice in the hospital.
- Assist in planning and overseeing all patient care.
- Liaise with HOC/HR in the provision of clinical training and opportunities to staff for continuous development.
- Devise ways to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the Care Point Brand.
- Ensure compliance to legal guidelines, internal policies and quality standards requirements.
- Performs all medical and surgical procedures and interventions within competency skill with/without the HOC.
- Participate in prompt emergency medical response in order to render care and prevent disease and injury.
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, dependents and colleagues.
- Committed to lifelong learning and audit to ensure evidence-based practice and maintenance of patient safety and quality standards.
- Providing comprehensive general medical services as directed by the HOC.
- Screening for various Cancers and medical conditions i.e. cervical and prostate cancer screening (VIA, Pap smear etc.)
- Attend to all emergencies and unforeseen contingencies.
- Supervises the MOs, Nurses, Pharmacy and Laboratory staff in the absence of the HOC
- Coordinate clinic activities including ANC, NCD clinics and others
- Assist in coordinating all clinical activities including nursing, pharmacy and Laboratory
- Addresses concerns and requests posed by the hospital staff in the absence of the HOC
- Involvement in quality improvement program in CarePoint hospital
- Any other requirements as stated by HOC/HR.
Key Skills & Competencies
- MB, BSc/BA in medicine, Clinical Administration, Medical Science relevant field; MSc/MA will be appreciated.
- Proven experience as a senior medical officer
- Professional experience in health care management
- Excellent knowledge and experience in medical and surgical procedures, screening, diagnostic procedures and clinical supervision and program management.
- Excellent time management with good interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in HIV/TB care.
- Patient-Oriented with excellent counselling skills.
- Excellent knowledge of standards (e.g. ISO, SafeCare) and regulations for the clinical field
- Proficient in MS Office and computer systems (e.g. patient management software)
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, team-building skills
- Aptitude in resolving issues and conflicts
Application Closing Date
1st December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Senior Medical Officer” as the subject.