Helen Keller International (HKI) - Established in 1915, is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 21 countries in Africa and Asia, as well as in the United States.
HKI implements integrated package of cost-effective interventions that are proven to improve maternal and child nutrition. HKI supports policies and programs on food fortification, vitamin A supplementation, infant and young child feeding, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, community-based management of acute malnutrition and prevention and treatment of neglected tropical diseases. At the core of HKI’s programs is advocacy and social behavior change communication to various stakeholders. HKI also undertakes cutting-edge research to influence policy decisions and inform program quality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, NTDs
Reports: NTD Program Specialist / Katsina State Projects Lead
- Under the supervision of the NTD Program Specialist / Katsina State Projects Lead, the NTDs Program Assistant will assist with the formulation, execution, monitoring and evaluation of NTDs program in the State
- He/she ensures consistency with the project set priorities and outcomes in the state.
- In collaboration with the state coordinator, facilitate the creation and implementation of a detailed annual work-plan which identifies and sequences activities needed to successfully implement the project in the most cost-effective manner and ensure project objectives are met in line with national policies, HKI’s goals and that of the donor.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, facilitate the development and roll-out of detailed implementation plans (DIP) to scale up trachomatous trichiasis surgery and when requested, mass drug administration (MDA) in endemic LGAs with the view to eliminate NTDs
- Review the project schedule with States Coordinator and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise and regularly review the schedule as required.
- In collaboration with the other Project Officers, ensure HKI program partners execute the project according to annual project plans;
- Document project activities and ensure that all project data is appropriately secured;
- Monitor the progress of the project implementation and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the project remains on track and is successfully implemented;
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project;
- In collaboration with the HKI finance officer and other project staff, ensure project funds are utilized and retired according to established accounting policies and procedures
Program Monitoring & Evaluation:
- In collaboration with M&E officer, assist in the implementation and development of Monitoring and Evaluation tools according to HKI, FMOH and donor standards;
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of international standards as set by FMOH, HKI and donor.
- Internally and when requested support external evaluations on the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase and as required.
- Disseminate findings from evaluations to support organizational learning and contribute to policy processing or development;
Advocacy and Strategic Alliances:
- Build and maintain good working relationships with both government and key project stakeholders at all levels in order to strengthen opportunities for advocacy and higher visibility;
- Represent HKI towards local partners and at other appropriate fora;
Key Performance Indicators:
- Successful implementation of the projects based on
- Effective tracking and reporting of program indicators
- Implementation of annual work plans in collaboration with SC.
Skills / Qualifications
- A First Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Public Health or Science related field.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years working as an M&E in a development field.
- Ability to analyze data using EPIinfo, SPSS, SAS or similar statistical software
- Familiarity with android-based survey collection tools and working experience in NTDs development work will be an advantage.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge pertaining to job requirement
- Graduate degree in public health, public administration, management or related discipline, or equivalent experience. Postgraduate degree in related field preferred
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Able to work under pressure minimal supervision and able to meet up deadlines.
- Ability to use computer software such as Microsoft office, internet.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and a good team player.
- Demonstrated excellent personal integrity and confidentially
- Experience in M&E system design;
- Experience in data processing using softwares and national reporting templates.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Resume with a Cover Letter as ONE Ms Word document to: [email protected] using the position title as the subject of the email.
- You will receive an auto response confirming your application
- Applications will not be accepted after 5pm on deadline day.