Hobo Video is a vernacular fun video based localized community driven marketplace for billions of generation Z and millennials where everybody can earn.
We are on a mission to make online shopping real via video streaming in a language the audience is most comfortable with and to provide revenue streams to influencers and small sellers by making an ecosystem of video commerce.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Online Live and Public Speaker Intern
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Internship
About the Internship
- We are looking for a talented intern as Online Live and Public Speaker to work along with the founders and leadership team!
- We are looking for a member to add to our team of entrepreneurs.
- This could be a HUGE opportunity for someone passionate about learning and working in a high potential growth industry, flexible hours and schedule, and working alongside founders and leadership team to learn the in’s and out’s of getting a hyper-growth business built, launched, and growing! We are extremely passionate about what we’re doing and want someone that is going to share in that belief and attitude.
- We value our interns as team members. As an Online Live and Public Speaker, you get to be a part of the revolution! We are building delightful experiences for some of the best platform teams out there, and an internship at Hobo only means you envision, build, and ship for them. At Hobo, you can take on big responsibilities to solve some of today's greatest problems.
- If you want to learn how organizations around the world work with data and solve problems, apply now!
- We are looking for a talented Public Speaker to give passionate and informative speeches and take sessions about our company and its products.
- As a Public Speaker you will be responsible for conducting pre-speech research, writing and outlining scripts, and delivering high-quality speeches to audiences across the state at our online platforms.
- You will also be required to answer audience questions and interact with members of the public.
To ensure success as a Public Speaker, you should have excellent verbal communication skills, a talent for public speaking, and good internet connection due to WFH. A top-notch Public Speaker is able to impart key information to a live audience in a meaningful, interactive and entertaining way:
- Meeting with company leaders to discuss speech topics.
- Conducting pre-speech research.
- Outlining and writing scripts.
- Rehearsing and perfecting delivery of sessions.
- Going live on different platforms like Facebook, Webinars, LinkedIn, Instagram, Tiktok, Kumu etc.
- Driving to have proper arrangement before going live.
- Conducting sound and microphone checks.
- Presenting speeches about the company and its products.
- Answering audience questions.
- Interacting with members of the public.
- Attending post-speech meetings with company managers.
- Previous experience as a Public Speaker.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in any specific language.
- Knowledge of presentation software and slide projection tools.
- Good teaching and sales skills.
- Good memorization skills.
- Audience assessment skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of trending live platforms.
- Generous holiday allowance: Hobo.Video operates enhanced holiday allowance increasing for every complete year of employment. We also offer a paid Christmas shutdown break between 25 Dec - 29 Dec along with paid shutdown break of 4 days on Diwali!
- All this is in addition to bank holidays and company holiday days.
- We keep transparency and equality as the first thing for employees and learning as the utmost priority.
- Team events: We have many social activities, team events, All hands meeting every 15 days and annual company summits
- We believe in employee-first company and working each day to become world class culture.
- We believe in flexible working hours as we have employees from multiple countries who choose their working time as per their timezone.
- Amazing culture: We have an open culture where we believe every person to own the part of this Hobo Ship and come upfront with their ideas to implement.
- Here you will get to work with a top notch modern leadership team and talk to them directly without any hierarchy in between!
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] with the subject line “Online Live and Public Speaker Intern” and we would consider you for an interview.
Note: We are not interested in hearing from recruitment agencies.