United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa's leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Data Management
About the Job
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO).
- Test backups to ensure we can meet the business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Troubleshoot Oracle / SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
- Install and configure new Oracle / SQL Servers
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Document the company’s database environment
- Responsible for building a high degree structured discipline approach around change control, change management, problem management and technology infrastructure that can support the growing portfolio of products and services, Upgrades documentation periodically for proper operating procedures for all systems.
- To manage business continuity and disaster recovery operations and ensure there is 99.99% service Availability and zero data loss in the event of disaster events.
Application Closing Date