PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: In-Country Partner Coordinator, Technical Assistance Platform
Tracking Code: 10381
Location: FCT, Abuja
Employment Type: Full time / Regular
Overview / Job Description
International development and global health represent one of the greatest opportunities for the impact of digital technologies on a global scale. New technologies, approaches and tools are emerging daily, unfortunately into a fragmented and immature digital health market landscape that currently limits their promise to transform country health systems and accelerate and amplify progress towards national and global health goals.
The Center of Digital and Data Excellence (CoDE) is working on a project funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, to develop, implement, use, and evaluate interoperable health information systems to achieve HIV/AIDS and TB epidemic control through improved health informatics policy, governance, workforce capacity, and systems under PEPFAR.
Under this award, PATH is working with Center for Disease Control's (CDC) Health Informatics Team (HIT) has to implement several organizational objectives, one of which is the establishment of the necessary policy, governance, and standards frameworks needed to support development of e-Health strategies, information systems, electronic health information exchange (HIE)s, and human resources for health. The HIT Technical Assistance Platform (TAP) project is a step towards achieving a digital public health future. The focus of the HIT TAP for its initial year in operation is to address the following current fundamental challenges:
- Opening up existing health informatics data 'silos' within and across PEPFAR Countries
- Guiding National laws and legal provisions to support digital health informatics initiatives
- Ensuring the confidentiality and security of patient information
- Ensuring consistent HIE standards within and across PEPFAR Countries to facilitate electronic data exchange
- Ensuring all Country Team leadership, partners, and processes are informatics-savvy
- Providing country staff with basic skills to manage informatics contracts and contractors
- Tracking and managing PEPFAR’s informatics investments
- Monitoring and measuring health informatics development progress and impact
PATH seeks an in-country Coordinator in Nigeria to support the CDC country office and the three implementing partners in overseeing and coordinating activities under the TAP project. This person will organize, coordinate, manage and document work done under the TAP project funded by NOFO GH20-2036. The TAP Coordinator will also work in close collaboration with in-country HIS partner to deliver on the TAP project activities.
- Coordinate, support, and manage in-country TAP activities.
- Identify and analyze project-specific issues or concerns and their impact on operations; work with implementing partners, CDC HQ, and CDC country offices on solutions.
- Work closely with in-country HIS implementing partner towards aligning TAP activities and coordinating with in in-country implementing partners
- Working with in-country HIS partner, schedule, prepare, attend, manage, record, and share country-specific TAP meetings/calls such as:
- Capacity development
- Central Data Strategy Implementation
- OpenMRS HIV Reference Implementation
- Policy and governance
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Implementing partner coordination.
- Country coordination and outreach.
- Agenda requests
- Call notes, Q&A, documents, agenda, follow-up activities
- Knowledge management using Redmine project management software:
- Capture meeting notes, recordings, and other TAP inputs and outputs using Redmine
- Respond to ad hoc requests for country-specific project and partner coordination activities.
- Follow up on country-specific activities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- Complete tasks as requested by CDC country office points of contact.
- Support technical documentations (e.g., concept notes, etc.) as requested.
- Mid-level professional with at least seven years of relevant experience implementing and managing IT project with at least five years on public health informatics projects.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in relevant fields of public health, health informatics, engineering, social sciences etc..
- Experience with PM solution for monitoring and managing project execution, critical path activities, and interdependencies across multiple partners and countries.
- Ability and commitment to inform appropriate persons/organizations of potential or existing risks/problems.
- Experience working on PEPFAR related projects.
- Experience working on digital health projects that supported Federal and State Ministries of Health in Nigeria is highly desired.
- Experience with informatics/software system projects, activities, terminology, and practices.
- Passion for PATH’s mission, as well as for broader global issues of public health, information systems, technology, and international development.
- Ability to use MS Office suite, particularly MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in English required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
- PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers:
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address
- Please report any suspicious communications to [email protected]