Etazuma Mining and Industries Limited provides a range of services to client companies in the mining, solid mineral, energy and steel sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fixed Assets Accountant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures, for fixed assets.
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
- Assign tag numbers to fixed assets.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the SAP accounting system.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets.
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation.
- Calculate asset retirement obligations for those fixed assets to which AROs are applicable
- Investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets.
- Conduct periodic impairment reviews for intangible assets.
- Conduct periodic physical counts of fixed assets.
- Recommend to management whether fixed assets should be disposed of.
- Conduct analyses related to fixed assets as requested by management.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquirie
- Prepare property tax returns.
- Represent the company during any audits by a government that involve fixed assets.
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations.
- B.Sc or its equivalent in Accounting
- SAP FICO Compliant
- ICAN and ACCA is an advantage
- Good excel skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Inclination to learn and grow
- 5+ years of fixed asset accounting experience in an Accounting job is required
- Ability to work in a team
Application Closing Date
7th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.