Atlantic Hall School is a co-educational full boarding secondary school set in extensive and beautiful grounds in Poka, Epe, a safe rural setting close to the Atlantic Ocean.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Music Teacher
Location: Epe, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- As a Music Teacher, you will be required to actively instruct students, create lesson plans, assign and correct homework, manage students in the classroom, communicate with parents, and help students prepare for standardized testing.
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of students for whom you are responsible and with whom you come into contact
- Under the direction of the Head of Department, plan and prepare courses and lessons that reflect the requirements of the scheme of work.
- Teach, according to their educational needs, the groups assigned to you, including the setting and marking of work.
- Implement fully the marking and assessment policies of the Music and Arts department
- Promote the general progress and well-being of students in your care
- Provide individual help for students as required
- Provide students with guidance on educational and social matters relating to their studies and future careers
- Maintain good order and discipline with your students both inside and outside the classroom
- Provide a detailed report on each student each term
- Communicate and consult with parents and other persons or agencies outside the school as required
- Participate in arrangements for preparing students for their external examinations including marking and conducting additional support workshops.
- Participate in staff meetings, weekly department meetings and any meetings with parents
- Participate in any arrangements for further training and professional development
- Review methods of teaching and programs of work
- Keep all teaching materials up-to date
- Work closely with the Head of Department and assist with the preparation, introduction and delivery of new courses and schemes of work
- Promote Music and contribute material to the school website
- Take good care of your teaching space and all teaching materials provided by the school
- Participate in supervisory duties or sporting activities.
- Safeguard the Health and Safety of students in your care
- Carry out general duties and responsibilities as deemed reasonable by the School.
Qualification, experience, skills and competencies.
- B.Ed. / B.Sc. in Music or relevant discipline. A Post Graduate Degree in Education will be an added advantage.
- ABRSM grade levels in theory and practical music will also be an additional advantage.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience
- Must be a member of Teacher’s Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN)
- Must be conversant with IGCSE Music and WAEC Syllabi.
- Sound knowledge of Music
- The candidate should have Music teaching ability
- The candidate should be very conversant with musical instruments.
- Knowledge of Music teaching methods and effective features
- Ability to communicate with students effectively.
Application Closing Date
16th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and Curriculum Vitae (CV) on-line to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.