The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution or natural disaster. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities where it resettles refugees and helps them become self-sufficient. Composed of first responders, humanitarian relief workers, international development experts, health care providers, and educators, the IRC has assisted millions of people around the world since its founding in 1933.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ERD ME Officer
Requisition ID: req11988
Location: Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, under direct supervision of Economic Recovery and Development Manager, is responsible for the development and administration of high quality Monitoring and Evaluation system for the Economic Recovery and Development sector.
- S/he will collect, collate/organize, analyze and produce data for further improvement of program, reporting and information sharing.
- Provide technical oversight and direction on all monitoring and evaluation needs across ERD sector areas.
- In close coordination with ERD Manager, M&E Manager and Senior ERD Manager, conduct periodical assessments (baselines, PDMs and endline surveys) to measure program impact.
- Track progress against monitoring work plans;
- Coordinate the field level community participatory monitoring and evaluation, reflective practice and impact measurement;
- Ensues the on-time execution of projects major monitoring and evaluation events including but not limited to baseline survey, mid-term evaluation, final evaluation, data quality audit and field supervision;
- Provide technical assistance to staff and partner organization on information management system, proper data collection and record keeping;
- Provide consistent, supportive supervision to strengthen staff performance as necessary to meet monitoring objectives;
- Update M&E plan timely and provide feedback to program staff on status and quality of implementation.
- Assist with monthly and/or quarterly performance indicator analysis, including generation of reports as well as presentations for staff related to on-going performance;
- Conduct regular data verification exercises to ensure reporting and collection of quality data;
- Actively participate in and contribute to M&E team activities, system assessments, development and implementation of new systems and/or tools aimed at strengthening overall M&E practices at IRC Nigeria;
- Closely work with staff to ensure they follow correct procedures and criteria during beneficiary registration;
- Take part in the recruitment of enumerators and survey consultants;
- Provide M&E inputs for reports written during project implementation;
- Manage and maintain accurate Commcare online updates on projects under implementation.
- Produce analytical, timely and accurate M&E reports on weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly basis or as scheduled.
- Develop schedule for data collection and coordinate with the PM to ensure timely collection of data.
- Ensure program team collect high-quality monitoring data timely manner collate/ organize data for reporting.
- Work closely with the program teams to conduct market assessments and produce reports.
- Lead and undertake Post Distribution Monitoring of beneficiaries as scheduled.
- Train staff and enumerators on administration of various data collection tools related to project monitoring, baseline and evaluations.
- Develop program factsheets and lessons learnt for sharing with wider stakeholders.
- Foster participatory planning and monitoring by training and involving primary stakeholder groups in the M&E of activities within the sector.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: ERD Program Manager with technical oversight from the M&E Manager
- Position directly works with: Livelihoods Officers, Agriculture Officer and Livelihoods Assistants
- Internal: M&E Senior Manager
- External: N/A
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics/Agricultural Economics, Computer Science, anthropology and Development Studies or related field required.
- Minimum of 3 progressive years of Monitoring and Evaluation and/or Research work with skills.
- Good understanding of ERD/Food Security sector indicators.
- Demonstrated ability to write/produce quality reports.
- Experience in electronic data collection and management.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- A strong foundation in research methods, statistics, monitoring and evaluation
- Strong technical skills in data analysis using advanced excel and other statistical software.
- Strong capacity in the use of digital data collection applications (particularly, Commcare, KoboCollect, ODK etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of intermediate and advanced statistics and the ability to summarize generalize, and make predictions from large data sets
- Communication experience and skilled in qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies and techniques
Demonstrated Management/Leadership Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly assess priorities and effectively manage a variety of activities at a time while paying appropriate attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with staff and project stakeholders
- Fluency in English Language (written and oral) required.
- Good knowledge of Hausa Language or Kanuri will be considered
Certificates or Licenses:
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite and experience or
- Strong knowledge of CommCare, Kobocollect, or ODK applications
- Good knowledge and skills in Infographics
Application Closing Date