Avant Halogen - Our client, an Oil and gas company in Onne, Rivers, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Coordinator
Location: Onne, Rivers
- Investigate on any suspicious event that will affect the reputation and business process of the client.
- Interact with government agencies on behalf of the client.
- Be on board Security vessel used for offshore patrols
- Maintain a permanent coverage of the asset to be protected or sector attributed by tactical controller
- Give security instructions to the ship’s captain in order to perform the mission in accordance with MOC procedures
- Ensure that Government Security Forces (GSF) team is on the right state of alert and combat readiness according to the mission area they operate in.
- Check in and liaise with Admin, that a permanent and efficient visual watch is organized on the deck by GSF
- Coordinate Security operational activities at the zone to ensure constant presence of guards at all locations
- Overall responsibility for the Security Infrastructures in the premise.
- He must take into account the safety of navigation when giving security instructions to the captain
- He reports immediately to Site any suspect activity detected by the crew on watch or the GSF detachment. All information related to Security incident or attack around the field must be reported to Site (VHF watch).
- Conduct all maritime escort directed by MOC and report immediately in case of any anomaly (Inbound and outbound convoys, barges, tankers, surveys,).
- Liaise and interface with MOC, ship’s captain, HVU, GSF, other security vessels and rig security coordinator (or PFSO) if applicable.
- He ensures that necessary use of force by GSF is done in line with the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPSHR).
- Raise a written report after offshore turn of duty and submit it to MOC.
- Analyze data to form proposals for improvements (e.g., implementation of new technology)
- Proactive and holistic enhancement of security across the premise.
Context and Environment:
- The position is based offshore on-board Security vessels.
- Good knowledge in maritime & Oil Gas environment
- Working in the context of a high risk, hostile and volatile environment with unpredictable situations
- Operating in an environment where income from oil dominate economic life of the nation, exposing industry staff and making them targets of crime and other forms of hostilities from people and groups in the operating environment.
- Long and unpredictable hours of work.
- Bachelor's / HND in any course of study
- Essential skills include personal leadership skills, time management, relationship and team building, initiative and decision-making skill, commitment and rigor. Operational experience with GSF & maritime environment (experienced seaman)
- 10 years of operational experience in any of the government security forces is required. Industry experiences an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
20th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in Word document to: [email protected] using "Security Coordinator" as the subject of the email.