Nigerdock is a leading Nigerian maritime group with operations in port terminal services, ship repairs and EPC fabrication. The company is located at Snake Island Integrated Free Zone in the main port of Lagos and serves customers in the shipping, logistics, marine and energy sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Job Type: Full Time
- To effectively manage the activities of the Procurement Department, including the selection of suppliers, the issue of purchasing documentation, control of pricing, quality and delivery.
Key Aims and Objectives
- Set-up of Material Item Coding Policy
- Development of Systems / Methodology
- Development of Material Specifications
- Implementation of Policy / Strategy / Procedures
- Reporting To: Managing Director
- Personnel Reporting Directly To This Role: All Procurement Personnel
- Ensure all Supply Chain Management Functions are adhered to and delivered efficiently and effectively
- Set up master data so that all impact on purchasing and materials are met
- Support creation and implementation of Supply Chain Management reports
- Definition and development of reporting standards within department to ensure good communication to both, internal and external members
- Works to develop the business controls within the Management System that govern supply chain management.
- Leads the development of Company policy as it relates to procurement, logistics, materials management and inventory control.
- Responsible for recommendations on best practice for systems and processes.
- Responsible for researching and identifying best practices for incorporation into the Company’s ERP systems.
- Conducts procurement and logistics activities with the highest degree of professionalism, ethics and integrity and in compliance with international laws such as the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Works collaboratively with vendors and ensures that effective business practices are established with positive outcomes for Prospector in terms of robust agreements.
- Liaise with Prospector local logistics partners to ensure that standards and procedures are maintained at all times
- Responsible for ensuring Customs and local regulations are adhered to on all transactions
- Develops and implements strategies for the acquisition of long lead time items
- Facilitates team based decisions regarding the appropriate suppliers to be used for key operational commodity supply and spares.
- Monitors, measures, and is responsible for supporting and initiating plans and programs intended to improve continuous improvement in vendor performance, including leading vendor audits.
- Provide Guidance and Direction to Procurement Team
- Educated in Supply Chain Management
- Ideally MCIPS or CIPS qualified
- Ability to apply Continuous Improvement strategies, which includes the ability to introduce needed change, create excitement for change and lead change initiatives.
- Must be adaptable and open to new ideas
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship capabilities
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal skills, people management and leadership skills
- Ability to handle multiple complex assignments with tight schedules, changing scope and requirements.
- Able to plan and execute work in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ability to efficiently identify problems and propose solutions.
- Ability to work in a multicultural/multinational environment.
- Ability to work to the highest levels of customer service, confidentiality, with an ethical behaviour.
- Computer skills shall include; ERP software, Microsoft Office and Web based project co-ordination tools.
Application Closing Date