HR-EX Consulting - Our client is a Premier Clinic and Hospital established in 1965 to provide ophthalmologic care in Nigeria.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Ophthalmic Nurse
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Ophthalmic Nurse works directly with Surgeons and hospital staff to assist with Ophthalmologyprocedures and clinicals, administer medications, prepare and assist with surgeries and educate patients. They provide optimum care to patients before, during, and after surgery which includes assessment, preparation, intervention, and evaluation while maintaining patient privacy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides patient care, which may include administering medication, performing procedures, and monitoring patient status in accordance with approved nursing practice.
- Provide pre and post-operative care to patients
- Provides appropriate counsel and education to patient/family regarding disease process and symptom management.
- Educate patients and their families on the care and home treatment of eye disorders and diseases
- Maintains medical records requiring appropriate and timely recording of patient information
- Consults with Doctors as required to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
- Assists with examinations, procedures, prescription refills, and other processes related to patient care.
- Actively share ideas in a constructive and positive manner by listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others.
- Keep commitments and keep direct supervisor informed of work progress, timetables, and issues.
- Advocate and assist in maintaining a clean, neat, and cheerful environment where our patients feel comfortable.
- Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal and other regulations
- Protects confidentiality of patient's Personal Health Information
- Utilizes time and resources effectively to promote quality and cost outcomes
- Assures accuracy of patient charges and directs patients appropriately with billing-related issues or pre-certification needs.
- Follows work attendance policies; maintains consistent attendance with no unexcused absence
- Maintains an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policies
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Minimum 1 year of nursing experience required
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Demonstrates leadership activities; able to work under stressful situation; and possesses well developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Membership is a professional nursing organization desired
- Willing to act and eager to adopt new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Participate in the implementation of patient education and clinical support programs
- Patient-focused approach
- Good counseling and organizational skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexible, team player, and critical thinker
Application Closing Date
24th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the "Job title" as subject of the email.
Note: Ideal candidate must have close proximity to Surulere, Lagos.