MacTay Consulting - We are one of the first and leading management consulting firm in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organisations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deck Hand
- Deck works under supervision of the Logistics Foreman,
- Aids the Crane Operators for the handling of equipment on the FPSO.
Scope of Work
- Assists in berthing and mooring operations of vessels spread alongside the FPSO,
- Assists with preparation, handling and transfer of goods or parcels to be offloaded,
- Assists with handling and stowage of cargo lifts received from vessels spread,
- Assists with hoses handling and connecting for fluids transfers (DO, water, methanol),
- Assists with preparation for IMR tanks
- Assists with 1st level Maintenance of equipment as directed by Logistics Foreman,
- Assist with helideck operations as required.
- Assists with helicopter refuelling,
- Assists with cargo hose handling and connecting the oil export header prior to tandem offloading,
- Assists with mooring of export tanker or methanol carrier,
- Assists with oil spill recovery and pollution control
Context and Environment
- Rotation status: 4 weeks on/ 4 weeks off (Local Staff)
- Employed offshore on the FPSO.
- Candidates should possess Bachelor's Degree
- 2 years’ experience in offshore platforms/rigs, vessels, or tankers.
- Certified STCW 2010
- OPITO Emergency Helideck Team Member Certificate or equivalent/ HDA,
- Helicopter refuelling or equivalent
- Dangerous goods by sea
- OPITO Advanced Firefighting certificate or equivalent.
- Forklift driver licenceCTR064070
- Lifting & Slinging level 1 or equivalent
- OPITO Banksman and slinger level 1
- BOSIET / HUET certificate.
Application Closing Date
14th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.