Starzs Investments Company Limited is a wholly indigenous Marine Logistics Company incorporated in 1986 in Nigeria as a Private Limited Company under the Companies Act. The Company has grown to be one of Nigeria’s foremost 100% Indigenous Marine Logistics Service Company rendering safe and professional services to both International and Local Oil Companies.
A valuable combination of knowledge, expertise and experience gained over the years, in Upstream Oil and Gas Industry projects has played a vital role in placing Starzs at the highest echelon of the Nigerian Maritime Industry as a world class Marine Logistics Services Provider.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head - Marine Operations / Designated Person Ashore
Location: Onne, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
Expected Start Date for a successful candidate: July 2021
- The Head of Marine Operations / DPA is to lead, manage and supervise all aspects of vessel’s operations, deploying the effective implementation of the safety management system (SMS) and resources to ensure the operations are efficient, of high-quality services which meets all contractual requirements.
- Act as DPA in the safety chain of the vessel operations. Serve as reliable connection between the management and the crew members ensuring that adequate resources and shore-based support are applied.
- Manage all ships security plan.
- Hold ISM certification to lead all internal audits and facilitate external audits for the company.
- Monitor vessel compliance matters and statutory requirements.
- Monitor FLAG STATES, IMO, ICS, ISF, INTERTANKO, INTERCARGO, OCIMF and other industry bodies.
- Collate annual fleet requirement of charts and publication as well as ensuring weekly availability of Admiralty Notices to Mariners to keep them updated.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- College Degree in Nautical Science, Marine Management and Technology or other related / relevant area.
- Demonstrated extensive experience ( Minimum 10 years) in the management of vessel, shipping operations and ISM code.
- Sailing experience with Master Class 1 Certificate of Competency (COC) or equivalent
- Must have either basic or lead auditors training.
- Leadership and people skills management.
- Candidate should not be more than 50 years.
- Nationality - Nigerian.
Application Closing Date
5th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using "Head Operations / DPA" as the subject of the mail.
Note: Candidates who are shortlisted will commence the recruitment process immediately.