Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Supply Chain Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- The role of Project Supply Chain Manager is responsible for defining, coordinating and monitoring the supply chain activities in the project according to MSF protocols, standards, procedures and tools in order to ensure the optimal running of the project.
Description of the Responsibilities / Activities
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the Logistics Coordinator, planning, establishing and reviewing the supply activities in the project including its budget, in order to identify and optimize the response to the needs of the mission and the targeted population
- Participating in monthly reporting according to guidelines
- Monitoring and ensuring the efficient and smooth running of the following supply activities in the project:
- Order Processing
- Ensure efficient and effective local purchase management in the project including regular market assessments and constant monitoring of local market to adjust to cost changes in order to ensure best deals for MSF
- Ensure efficient physical (warehousing) and administrative (management of movements) stock management.
- Ensure the availability of relevant management data to the owners of the stock, project and capital coordination (expired drugs, risk of shortages, stock reports, lead time, pipeline…) and communicate them to stakeholders on regular bases.
- Ensure efficient supply of pharmacies in the project.
- Ensure efficient supply administration, and implementation standards supply tools such LogistiX 7, Unifield.
- Managing the supply team (Order Processing Officer, Supply Activity Officer, Storekeeper, Storekeeper Assistant)
- Make the project team aware of supply issues that can have an impact on project planning.
- Collaborative partnership with Project Departments including Medical, Logistics, Finance to understand and anticipate supply needs, communicate anticipated issues and find solutions.
- Ensure the HR set-up related to supply (team size, JD’s, Organigram, distribution of tasks and responsibilities), manage the project supply team. Participate in the selection, provide support (train/coach) and evaluate the staff under his/her responsibility.
Requirements (Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge)
To apply for the role of Project Supply Chain Manager applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Education · Relevant degree and specialization in Logistics/Supply Chain
- Experience · Minimum 2 years' experience in supply chain · Experience with MSF or other NGO · Managerial Experience - coaching, mentoring, supervising, training and setting and evaluating performance objectives with direct reports
- Fluent in English (verbal/ written) and knowledge of Hausa and Fula desirable
- Computer literacy in word, excel, internet
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Commitment to the aims and values of MSF
- Diplomatic and good communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritise workload, using initiative when appropriate
- Strong report writing skills
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview
- MSF is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity within the organization
- Applications for the role of Project Supply Chain Manager can only be made online.