Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Sustainability
Reference ID: DCP-Sustainability-0001
Employment Type: Full Time
Category: DCP - Sustainability
Functional Area: Support
Reports To: GMD / CEO
Direct Reports: 4
Job Classification: Top Management
The role is focused on creating required benchmark frameworks and relevant policies and standards that embed effective sustainability strategies and interventions in business operations as follows:
- To ensure the clear articulation of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) KPIs, as well as targets and plans for Executing, Enforcing, Monitoring and Actualizing these KPIs.
- To ensure that ESG performance is continuously tracked, documented, measured, and its status, disclosed timely to stakeholders through annual Sustainability Reporting.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitors and tracks the company's environmental, social, economic and governance impact to avert risk exposures.
- Continuously scans business operations and workplace to identify potential ESG issues that require improvement.
- Works with diverse function owners to develop policies, plans and standards for improving environmental, social, economic and governance impact/performance.
- Engages internal stakeholders, including employees, management and board on strategies for building a culture of sustainability thinking and actions.
- Tracks, monitors, measures and reports on ESG performance to business decision makers.
- Works with relevant departments and functions to chart plans and standards for continuous improvements on ESG performance and entrenching a culture of sustainability in everyday operations.
- Creates awareness using bulletins, tit-bits and other communications that educate stakeholders on what sustainability is, why it is critical for business continuity and their roles and responsibilities in building a sustainable brand
- Engages diverse functions, management and Board to set KPIs and targets for ESG performance enhancement.
- Advocates for sustainability ownership and penetration across all business functions.
- Advocates for building sustainability KPIs into the performance appraisal of key function owners, including executive management.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and global principles on ESG disclosures, such as annual sustainability reporting.
- Uses policies and standards to drive and support ESG best practices within the value chain, especially suppliers, vendors, contractors and other business partners within the business’ sphere of influence.
- Ensures that the business’ environmental, social and governance risks are identified and mitigated.
- Ensures that the business sustains its brand equity, reputation and social license to operate by adopting and entrenching best ESG practices in its operations.
- Ensures that sustainability operationalization is driven and standardized across all business locations (including plants and administrative offices).
- Ensures that knowledge gaps on environmental, social and governance best practices in the workplace are addressed through continuous sustainability training and capacity building.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sustainability Studies, International Relations, Environmental Science, Political Science, Business Administration, Public Policy, Communication Arts, or related courses.
- Master’s Degree in related courses such as International Relations or Sustainable Development would be an advantage.
- 15+ years of experience in Sustainability, Environmental & Social Risk Management, Corporate Social Responsibility, Consulting in related fields, Change and Business Improvement Management.
- 5+ years of business consulting experience.
- 5+ years in Sustainability Reporting using GRI and related global reporting standards
- ISO-26000 (Social Responsibility) Lead Implementer and/or Lead Auditor; ISO 14001 (Environmental Management System)
- Lead Implementer and /or Lead Auditor; ISO-45001 (Occupational Health & Safety) Lead Implementer and/or Lead Auditor.
Skills and Competencies:
- Persuasive and resilient
- Excellent writing skills
- Adaptive and self-driven
- Result-oriented and committed
- Negotiation and crisis management skills
- Experienced in leading continuous improvement projects.
- Excellent communications & advocacy skills
- Effective planning, target setting, project monitoring and performance measurement
- Successfully implemented environmental & social performance management framework in a large and diversified business space
- Experienced in sustainability and corporate social responsibility management
- Experienced in Sustainability Reporting using global standards and frameworks.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date