Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya, and Ethiopia. Our mission is to build resilience corridors of strong, locally owned farmer cooperatives driving profitable livelihoods in vulnerable communities of the Northeast. Nuru Nigeria prioritizes the smallholder farmers it serves and works to cultivate lasting meaningful choices through a community led, community driven and community sustained livelihood programs across the agriculture value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Job Code: NNJ.2021.11
Location: NN Field Office - Michika, Adamawa
Employment Type: Full-time
Terms and conditions: The appointment will be for a 9 Months period, renewable based on funding and performance.
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Nuru Nigeria is seeking Program Officers (PO) who will mobilize farmers, track their income generating activities, facilitate training and ensure consistency in their group savings.
- Under the supervision of the Deputy Programs Director Nuru Nigeria the PO would be responsible for the management of the farmer organizations training centers (Farmers Business School).
Reporting and Supervision:
- The Project Officers will report to the Deputy Program Director Nuru Nigeria who would provide technical oversight and be the Program Coordinator on this project.
Under the supervision of the project coordinator, the project officers are to carry out the following duties:
- The program officer would deploy training to Farmers in line with pre designed curriculum
- He/She would monitor farmers progress in group management and enterprise development
- He/She would be responsible for tracking financial inclusion activities and ensure farmers save consistently
- The PO would also support in curriculum development and review as required
- The PO would work closely with the leaders of various farmers group to ensure smooth running of various farmers group
- He/She would support in deploying other program components in line with the Program Sequence of Nuru Nigeria
- He/She would be in charge of managing his/her assigned community training center side by side managing farmers needs.
- The PO would support in building Farmer Organization in a sustainable fashion
- The PO would share weekly, monthly and quarterly updates on farmers group activities as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- At least 4 years working experience in an agricultural intervention with a B. Sc. in Agricultural Extension, Agricultural Education, Economics, Business Administrationor other related fields.
- Fluency in Hausa language, Higgi, Fulfulde is an added advantage
- Experience working in a ruralenvironment and directly working with farming communities.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Leadership, people management and development, teamwork and cooperation.
Nuru Nigeria Offers
- Salary is competitive depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Annual, Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Transport costs and communication allowance.
- 13thMonth Salary
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability and related benefits
- Health Insurance covering employee and family.
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age and differently able, with respect to policies and visions.
- Other Labor best practices apply.
Application Closing Date
5th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and Resume / CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
Non - discriminatory Employment Clause
- Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of ethnicity, colour, gender, religion, socio-economic status,age,disability or health status.
- The management of Nuru Nigeria reserves the right to verify all of the applicant's information and conduct background checks on shortlisted candidates including reaching out to his/her previous employer.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.