Mkobo is currently pivoting to a full service digital bank/Neobank by launching mkobobank.com. Our goal is to help hard working people to grow their wealth by making it easy for them to earn, save, spend and invest their hard earned money. We are currently recruiting for dynamic, creative, flexible and experienced team members with a passion for everything technology and a commitment to add their quota to the success of our vision.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineering Team Lead
Ref No: MK-0023
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- Lead a high-caliber team of software engineers to build and maintain our products/solutions
- Ensure your team consistently makes and meets commitments to deliver value and actively remove roadblocks for your team
- Motivate and focus your team to deliver the most important work while keeping them aligned with the overall direction of the company
- Iterate rapidly on features, tooling, and processes as we launch the first versions of new products
- Debug production issues across all our products and services at multiple levels of the stack and ensure any issues are promptly resolved within agreed SLA’s.
- Ensure that technical decisions support Mkobo’s quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security goals.
- Working cross functionally to identify system requirements, designing the architecture, and develop components supporting Mkobo’s application features.
- Responsible for directing the Engineering team in the design, development, coding, testing and debugging of applications to meet business and performance-related goals.
- Work closely with the Product management to ensure that products are delivered to specifications and set milestones are achieved
- Review/implement software development processes and optimize wherever necessary to enable us to model the best practices for software development and ensure the adoption of these processes by the team
- Ideally University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject otherwise demonstrable equivalent experience
- 6+ years’ software engineering experience ideally across organisations, industries, and technology stacks.
- 2+ years hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- Comfortable with a variety of languages such as Java, Nodejs/Express, Python, GO, Ruby , React as well as MongoDB, SQL and Postgres databases etc.
- Deep knowledge of the cloud infrastructure (Heroku, AWS, Digital Ocean etc.) micro-services and development of APIs
- Demonstrable track record of success in developing and implementing a comprehensive technology strategy that is aligned with and supports the current and future business goals of the company.
- Strong Engineering background with previous hands-on development and deployment of production level code.
- Possess a broad understanding of how software fits into the overall system.
- Well versed in Software Architecture and Design - You should be able to spot flaws in the existing architecture and design. You would help us refactor and re-architecture the code for easier and faster development.
- Experienced with cloud native application, deployment & development
- Continuous deployment & integration
- Experience building backend RESTful APIs
- Proven ability to drive large scale projects with deep understanding of Agile SDLC, high collaboration and leadership
- Experience of recruiting a high-performance team, providing mentorship and helping others to reach their full potential
- Competitive salary
- Generous Pensions
- Leave Allowance
Application Closing Date