Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Consultant
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reference: E4A - MamaYe Programme
Contract type: Short term consultancy contract
- Options seeks a consultant to work with the E4A-MamaYe programme communications team to package, communicate and tailor our learning, tools, and products for the ease of access and appeal for our various types of stakeholders.
- The overall purpose of this consultancy is to work with the E4A-MamaYe programme communications team and the coalitions to package, communicate and tailor our learning, tools, and products to make these appealing and easy to access by various types of stakeholders including other implementing partners and potential funders (eg. through videos, conferences, publications etc.).
- To support coalitions in Nigeria to gather and package information for strategic advocacy communications, share learning and organize events.
The objective of the role is to:
- Support coalitions in documenting their stories of change in short documentaries and videos for publication in project website and make these appropriate and accessible to stakeholders
- Work with E4A team and supported coalitions to design and package our learning, tools, and products
- Work with the coalitions in Nigeria to gather, package and communicate information for strategic advocacy, share lessons learnt, and disseminate evidence.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A background in Communications or other closely related fields
- Experience developing contents for websites and social media, website management and use of different Content Management System (CMS) platforms, use of google analytic skills and ability to visual data into simple audience-focused formats.
- Ability to produce short stories in video or documentaries
- We seek a confident, motivated self-starter with outstanding networking abilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to plan and manage online events to share success stories, tools and best practices
Commensurate with experience
Application Closing Date
Wednesday, 15th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- This role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.