The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is the world's largest humanitarian network and is guided by seven Fundamental Principles: Humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, universality and unity.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Officer, Security
Job Number: S00668
Location: Nigeria (North- West)
Duration: 6 months
Accompanied Status: N/A
Grade: Not applicable
Contract Type: Employee
- Serve as the Security officer in the Hunger Crisis appeal being implemented in the North-west States of Katsina, Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara and the North-central States of Benue, Niger and Nasarawa.
- The post holder will ensure all IFRC (and other RCRC) personnel, assets, and operations are adequately protected, and to enable business operations even in the most complex environments.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Analysis and Planning:
- Carry out security risk assessments, including field security assessments, across the North-west and North-central states of the Hunger crisis project.
- Support in the development of risk management measures across the two zones
- Carry out geo-political and socio-economic analysis for the Program Manager and Senior security officer based in the Cluster office in Abuja.
- Support IFRC business continuity planning during major events (e.g. national elections).
Incident and Emergency Response:
- Respond 24/7 to IFRC or RCRC-related security incidents/emergencies/crises to safeguard personnel, assets, and operations.
- Ensure any internal/external security related-incident or emergency is immediately and adequately reported to the Security Coordinator /Security Unit/Head of Cluster Delegation.
- Evaluate and record IFRC security incidents and identify incident/threat/risk patters or trends in the North-west and central states.
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Compliance:
- Monitor and evaluate IFRC’s Minimum Security Requirement (MSR) compliance in Nigeria and support Field Managers/Security Coordinator /Head of Delegation in the development of MSRs.
- Monitor and evaluate compliance with mandatory IFRC safety & security trainings (e.g. e-learning programs) in Nigeria.
Business Continuity and Programme support:
- Advise on and implement effective business continuity measures to minimise the impact of any disruption (e.g. fuel strikes, capital controls on banks, power cuts, inhibited communications)
- Advise on and implement effective security risk management controls for the Hunger crisis appeal in the North-west and North-central states.
Training and Development:
- Brief IFRC and other RCRC personnel or visitors/guests in matters of security risk management, including but not limited to arrival briefings, event briefings, special mission briefings, and VIP briefings.
- Conduct emergency drills, including but not limited to building evacuations.
- Support in the provision of security and safety trainings to IFRC or other RCRC personnel.
Liaison and Coordination:
- Liaise and coordinate with other RCRC national societies in matters of security risk management in the North-west and central regions.
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant security bodies in the ICRC, United Nations, and international NGOs i
- Liaise with relevant government authorities, e.g. military, police, and intelligence agencies, in the two regions of the Hunger crisis project.
- Supervise and ensure that contracted guard force in IFRC offices undertakes its duties as per requirements on a 24/7 basis.
- Liaise and coordinate with contract guards force provider to ensure full compliance as per established service provider contract.
- Train security guards in relation to IFRC post orders, standard operating procedures, and emergency procedures.
- A relevant University Degree e.g. BA, BSc.
- Successfully completed the Stay Safe e-learning courses (basic and managers)
- Working experience in a humanitarian organisation
- First-hand experience with IFRC security management system
- Training and human resources management experience
- North-west and North-central contextual understanding and operational experience
Knowledge, Skills and Language:
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical skills in political, socio-economics and security areas
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Good stress management skills
- Self-supporting in computers [Microsoft Office, database, e-mail (Outlook) etc.]
- Valid driving license (light vehicles)
- Fluently spoken and written English Language is required
- Fluently spoken and written Hausa Language is required
Competencies and Values:
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Customer Relations
- Creativity and Innovation
- Building Trust
Application Closing Date
12th September, 2021.