WACOT Rice Limited, a company under Tropical General Investments Group, is a Nigerian rice processing company operating a state-of-the-art rice mill in Kebbi State. The mill is one of the largest rice mills in Africa and sources paddy from various rice-producing states across Nigeria. WACOT Rice also engages in out-grower farming programs with paddy farmers to boost their yields and guarantees off-take of paddy from farmers through buyback arrangements. The rice mill is based on a robust sustainability platform and the company produces two leading brands of parboiled rice - BIG BULL and PATRIOT.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Project Engineer (Electrical)
Location: Argungu, Kebbi (Office / Field Based)
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Grade: 3
Reports to: Projects Manager
Supervises: All Electrical team members
Internally Relates with: All Sections like Production, Warehouse, Power Plant and Utility
Externally Relates with: Vendors / Suppliers / Contractors / Site team
Objective / Purpose of Job
- Reviewing all project's engineering design plans, performing complex components, liaising with other engineers, and maintaining relationships with clients, vendors, and other stakeholders.
Job Duties / Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Analysing technical (Electrical Engineering) drawings, interpreting specifications, and determining the electrical requirements of a given project.
- Managing and monitoring all assigned electrical projects and related activities.
- Using CAD software to draw designs and complete technical drawings.
- Complete quality assurance on all electrical components and projects, and writing up reports.
- Diagonising problems and troubleshooting equipment and installations.
- Ensuring all deadlines and budgetary requirements are met.
- Keeping abreast of the developments in electrical engineering.
- Design or modify electrical systems, recomend process improvements.
- Perform quality control tests on electrical systems.
- Managing power generation, transmission and distribution (HT/LT).
- Working with high and low voltage equipment for power factor correction, load factor correction, reduction in losses.
- Carrying out feasibility studies for new technical developments.
- Budgeting and estimating timescales.
- Overseeing technicians and electrical installation team.
- Ensuring projects meet safety regulations, health and safety codes are obeyed at all times.
- Overseeing inspection and maintenance programs.
- Liaising with clients.
Education / Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, Experience & Other Requirements
- B Eng / B.Tech in Electrical Engineering or related discipline from a reputable University.
- Minimum of seven (7) years' project experience in similar position.
- A suitable Master's Degree may be of added advantage.
- COREN and NSE membership a must.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Previous experience in Project Management.
- Experience with CAD software and MS Office.
- Sound Knowledge in electrical components, switch gear, load calculation, cable size and motor selection.
- Knowledge of AC/DC electrical system, AC/DC single/three phase electrical motors, circuits, drives, sotft starters.
- Knowledge in basic instrumentation and automation mechanism like sensors, transducers, pnuematic gates, control valves.
- Excellent time management and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to work in a team and remain professional at all times.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
28th September, 2021.