Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior - from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases - by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer I - Knowledge Management & Social Media (RCCE)
Reports to: Senior Program Officer, Documentation and Knowledge Management
Project Activity: Risk Communication (COVID & GHSA)
Duration: 1 year – extension contingent on funding.
- Breakthrough ACTION is a five-year cooperative agreement funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to lead their social behavior change (SBC) programming around the world. Breakthrough ACTION is a partnership led by the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP) in collaboration with Save the Children, ThinkPlace, ideas42, Camber Collective, International Center for Research on Women, and Viamo.
- In Nigeria, Breakthrough ACTION (Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria) focuses their SBC efforts on malaria; maternal, newborn, and child health, including nutrition (MNCHN); family planning/reproductive health; TB; priority zoonotic diseases; and the COVID-19 response. In addition, Breakthrough ACTION supports capacity strengthening of key stakeholders to design, implement, and evaluate SBC activities.
- With recently awarded funding from USAID, BA-Nigeria is recruiting positions to lead and implement Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE), Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA), and COVID-19 activities.
- This position will be responsible for coordinating the knowledge management, documentation and social media activities for the RCCE programming activities.
- S/he will oversee the development and implementation of a social media strategy in line with the RCCE work plan including project reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works in collaboration with the Program Officer - Strategic Communications to develop and disseminate messages related to COVID vaccine and GHSA programs using social media platforms.
- Collaborates with diverse stakeholders to implement the COVID-19 vaccine and GHSA SBC interventions through social media platforms.
- Lead the design, planning, implementation, and monitoring of social media activities as outlined in the work plans.
- Supports all knowledge management activities related to COVID and GHSA work plans, including documentation of activities, reporting and archiving of the project’s knowledge management products.
- Develop and implement activity specific documentation and knowledge management plans to harvest successes and lessons learned.
- Lead training on the application of knowledge management approaches to facilitate effective knowledge sharing within the project.
- Generate knowledge management products that demonstrate the project’s learnings with external audiences.
- Other duties as identified and assigned by supervisor and/or Abuja country office program leads.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Social / Health Sciences, Mass Communication, Information Communications Technology, Public Administration or related discipline is required.
- Previous work experience implementing USAID-funded or donor-funded health programs is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in SBC programming, audience segmentation, message development, and communication channels.
- Experience developing social media campaigns for health programs is required.
- Experience with content creation, including developing graphics, animation, etc.
- Knowledge of standard social media algorithms and use of relevant social media applications is a must for this role.
- Experience in handling audio/visual equipment including post-production software.
- Experience organising dissemination events and stakeholder management
- Working Knowledge of MS Office Packages and database software and applications.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving skills and attention to details are essential.
- Ability to work independently and proactively and track multiple activities and deadlines.
- Strong communication skills (written & spoken) in the English language and one or more Nigerian language(s) is required.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria and work successfully within a cross-cultural, multi-sectoral, multi-project team-based environment.
Application Closing Date
28th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs in PDF format to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the e-mail. e.g. "Program Officer I - Knowledge Management & Social Media (RCCE) - Abuja".