Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior - from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases - by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant I
- The Finance Assistant I under the direct supervision of Senior Finance Officer II and technical guidance from the Finance and Admin Director will assist the finance team in performing routine finance tasks and helping program staff on finance-related needs were necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with raising day to day payments
- Assist with the handling of office petty cash
- Ensures that all supporting documents are available and attached to the payment vouchers
- Ensure travel and activity advances from the field offices are retired timely
- Ensure all vouchers are serially numbered and stamped paid
- Proper filling of finance documents for easy retrieval
- Make payments to participants for meetings and workshops
- Ensure proper photocopying and scanning of monthly payment vouchers
- Support the Finance Officer in the submission of PAYE and Withholding Tax Cheques
- Ensure the safe receipt, handling, and banking of Staff retirements funds
- Support the FCT Team with finance-related field activities
- Complete other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or HND in Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, or related field.
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years working experience with a donor-funded project, Knowledge, and experience of USAID regulations is a plus.
- Experience using QuickBooks, Ms. Office packages especially Ms. Excel is required.
- Must be fluent in English.
Application Closing Date
28th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF format to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.
Note: Qualified female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.