IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain - colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, IT Compliance & Reporting
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Typr: Full-time · Associate
About the Job
- We are currently recruiting for a Specialist, IT Compliance & Reporting who will implement and maintain IT processes designed to counteract interruptions to business activities and protect critical business information assets against effects of major information system failures or disasters.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain the company’s IT Compliance Program. Provide inputs to program design and propose revisions where applicable.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to develop an effective IT Compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees.
- Provide advice on emerging compliance issues and consult with relevant functional areas/ teams to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholder functions, such as Risk Management and Internal Audit, to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and standards of conduct by evaluating or recommending initiation of investigative and corrective procedures.
- Perform compliance monitoring on successful patching of all servers.
- Perform compliance monitoring and reporting on successful back-up operations.
- Perform compliance monitoring and reporting on: outdated operating system on servers; Active Directory replication errors; unresponsive OMS agents; servers and databases approaching end of life; database simple recovery model; and non-activated Windows OS.
- Monitor and develop action points to ensure IT compliance with key regulations such as the Nigerian Cyber-Security Act, NCC Cyber-Security Guidelines, and NITDA Security Guidelines.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk. Develop/ recommend corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in future.
- Build IT Compliance Dashboard and provide reports (as requested or directed) to keep relevant IT Committees informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Monitor and track open audit findings from internal and external audits, 3rd parties, and ISO90001.
- Monitor and coordinate IT compliance activities. Keep abreast of status, identify trends, and take appropriate steps to improve overall effectiveness.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Manager, IT Risk & Control.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or related disciplines.
- 5-6 years’ relevant work experience in Information Security, Risk Advisory, and IT Compliance.
- Professional certifications such as CISA, CRISC, ISO27001, ISO27005: Lead Risk Manager will be an asset.
- Demonstrable application of knowledge of defence in-depth, least privileges, need-to-know, separation of duties, access controls and encryption.
- Proven knowledge of risk management, information security, mobile core technologies and controls.
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- IT Audit
- Vulnerability Management
- Business Continuity
- Risk Management
- Problem Solving
Application Closing Date
27th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Please apply with an updated resume/ CV.