Browncon Group is a conglomerate of companies seeking to build businesses that create a profitable economy across Africa. Looking at the economic landscape there is a need for more profitable and productive businesses that can help scale the economy to greater heights thereby gaining more turnover. Browncon group is positioned to bring productivity and excellence to the economy. We have built portfolio companies in alternative investments, real estate, lifestyle, and consulting with an asset under management of over 2 Million dollars.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants and Donor Relations Officer
About the Role
- We are seeking to hire a Grants and Donor Relations Officer who will be a critical member of the program team, reporting directly to the Programs Coordinator.
- The officer would work across all program areas, including collaborating with finance and IT to ensure effective and efficient grant making processes, determining strategies and goals to improve donations while maintaining strong relationships with prospective and existing donors.
- He/she would also serve as the system administrator for the organization’s grants management database.
The grants and donor officer would be responsible for:
- Researching grants that are available for the organization from federal departments or private foundations.
- Overseeing the process for writing a grant proposal that outlines how the organization would use the money.
- Collaborating with Program team, Finance team, Administrative team, and Country director on special projects as needed.
- Designing and maintaining filing systems for the organization’s paper and electronic grant records.
- Liaising and working with other members of the program unit to support them in identifying funding opportunities for the organization.
- Monitoring and ensuring timely notification is provided on upcoming report requirements for grants, fellowships and contracts.
- Managing donor communication, ensuring that the relationship between the donor and organization is well maintained.
Skills / Academic Qualifications
- BA or B.Sc. Degree in any field, professional certification is an added advantage with evidence of previously won grants.
- Minimum of a year’s experience working in an NGO as a grant and/or donor officer.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Position as the subject of the email.