A leading independent Oil Exploration and Production company in Nigeria, requires the services of an experienced and dynamic candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Design & Well Planning Engineer
- Candidate for this position Is required to have good knowledge of well engineering, drilling and completions to provide support to company’s operations from the initial design to delivery of a well to production
- He must be knowledgeable in drilling and completion practices as well as experienced in well design to minimize risk of blowouts and other factors that could create problems.
- Design plan, program schedule and coordinate the execution of well construction activities on the rig(s) to deliver quality wells on time and within budget
- Responsible for the engineering design of wells taking into account well Integrity asset team objectives past experience and Well Engineering standards.
- Prepare the engineering design of wells in conformance with the corporate / functional code of practices and procedures, including structured risk analysis for high exposure operations to reduce risks and deliver wells on planned time and budgets.
- Coordinate the programming, gathering, reporting and distribution of well data: evaluate the quality of well engineering data and participate In the quality evaluation of reservoir related data In order to monitor and improve rids.
- Adopt emerging technologies in well drilling operations to improve and deliver quality wells
- Develop detailed operational sequences and cost estimation for necessary approval.
- Utilize available engineering tools such as computers and third-party recommendations, to guide the development of the well plan.
- Develop and supervise the operations necessary for drilling oil and gas wells.
- Responsible for well design, planning and costing from well design to testing, completion and abandonment,
- Maintain day-to-day relationships with customers, internal service providers and service contractors to enable smooth and efficient progress of the Well Engineering Operations.
- Interpret data compile reports, and deliver presentations when required.
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Petroleum Engineering or any Engineering Degree with a minimum of second class upper degree.
- A Master’s Degree in any of these disciplines will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years of relevant experience in the oil Industry with operator(s)
- Good Knowledge In well planning and programming including well operations.
- Valid IWCF certification.
- Good knowledge of well technology, well equipment
- Fully skilled in Well Engineering softwares (well plan, stress check etc.).
- Good understanding of process management.
We offer competitive and attractive packages.
Application Closing Date
11th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters, CV and scanned / clear corporate passport photographs to: [email protected] using the Position applied for as the subject of the email.
- Applications will be treated in confidential manner.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.