A leading independent Oil Exploration and Production Company in Nigeria requires the services of experienced and dynamic candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
- The maintenance engineer will be responsible for scheduling proactive and breakdown maintenance of company’s engineering equipment and plants.
- The ideal candidate will ensure that industrial machinery and equipment of the company run smoothly and reliably.
- He will be responsible for repairing in addition to maintenance of company machinery. equipment and plants.
- The maintenance engineer must have in-depth knowledge of Operational and Technical Practices in an E&P company.
- He must have capacity to work in a team environment, lead and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of maintenance work and ensuring adequate spares are timely maintained.
- Provide technical guidance, solutions and troubleshooting support for field operations.
- Pan and schedule routine maintenance of company machinery and equipment.
- Assist and support HSSE teams in ensuring compliance to Safety and Security Policies and proced ures at Company’s locations.
- Champion the enforcement of standards and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
- Must have the experience to troubleshoot, diagnose faults and repair equipment.
- Manage stocks of supplies and equipment.
- Carry out routine checks on all equipment. fixtures or fittings.
- Create maintenance procedures.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Must not be more than 50 years of age.
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Degree in a core Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation etc).
- A Master's Degree or equivalent will be an added advantage,
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant hands-on experience in an E&P Company with a proven track record of plant and equipment maintenance.
- Well-developed critical thinking, with an ability to apply logic and challenge assumptions.
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions.
- A strong sense of accountability.
- A Continuous improvement mind set.
- Ability to seek greater knowledge and understanding of the systems, process and hazards in the workplace.
- Zero-tolerance for shortcuts, and if the procedure is incorrect, you fix it.
We offer competitive and attractive packages.
Application Closing Date
11th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters, CV and scanned / clear corporate passport photographs to: [email protected] using the position applied for as the subject of the mail.
- Applications will be treated in confidential manner.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.