Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack's mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Success Manager, User Operations (Engagements)
About the Role
- We're looking for an experienced customer success leader to help Paystack build Africa's most delightful customer experience.
- We approach customer support a little differently at Paystack. For one thing, customer support is housed within our Growth department, which reflects our deep belief that the quality of our customer interactions is an important growth lever. Our customer support team is also deeply embedded within our product delivery teams, to ensure a strong feedback loop between what we're seeing in the field, and rapid process and feature improvements.
- What this means is that in addition to responding quickly and helpfully to both merchants and merchants' customers, our primary goal within the User Operations team is to build scalable systems that preempt friction before it happens. And where we discover inefficiency, we work closely with cross-functional teams to implement long-term solutions which ensure that those issues never happens again.
- We're able to do this by hiring smart, empathetic problem-solvers, and giving them custom tools that empowers them to accelerate growth for Paystack merchants.
What is the Scope of Responsibilities?
- As the Customer Success Manager for User Operations (Engagements) you will lead a team of User Operations Specialists and outsourced support agents to a deliver delightful customer experiences to merchants in Nigeria, Ghana, and South Africa (and more coming).
- You will optimise existing messaging channels (email, social media, phone, live chat), deploy new ones (e.g. WhatsApp), and ensure that every single person who reaches out to Paystack consistently has a superlative experience.
- You will work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to ensure that feedback from users is incorporated into product improvements. You will also work with these teams to ensure that your direct reports and our vendor agents have the best tools and integrations needed to carry out their work efficiently.
- There has never been a better time to join Paystack. We're building the financial technology rails that thousands of businesses across several countries rely on to drive growth, and as the CSM for User Ops, you and your team will ensure a high level of operational efficiency that keeps us worthy of their trust.
- This is a remote-friendly, full-time role, reporting directly to the Customer Success Lead. The successful candidate will ideally be physically located within the GMT -3 to GMT +3 timezones. If you're based outside Nigeria, the role will require occasional travel to Lagos, Nigeria at least four times a year, when it's safer to travel.
We'll trust you to:
- Set up tools and processes which ensure that users reaching out to Paystack receive helpful responses, quickly. You'll optimise our communication channels to ensure that we always have the optimal number of agents at all times, and that our self-serve tools such as our Help Centre documentation is constantly improving
- Hire and coach members of the Engagements team
- Establish and nurture relationships with the most reliable Business Process Outsourcing partners in the markets in which we operate. You'll hold them accountable for high performance, deliver trainings that keep them abreast of product improvements, and more.
- Be an advocate for merchants internally, and design tight feedback loops between customers and the Product and Engineering teams to improve products and processes
- Collaborate with teams across the company, including Finance, Legal, Key Accounts, Geographic Expansion and Integrations, to ensure that we're solving problems and removing friction for merchants
- Advise Paystack merchants who are interested in improving their own user operations systems. This might take the form of trainings, templates, or anything else that empowers our merchants to also deliver best-in-class support to their customers.
You'll thrive as Paystack's CSM for User Operations (Engagements) if you:
- Have 3+ years' experience leading a team responsible for assisting people and solving problems on their behalf at a high growth technology company. This does not need to strictly be in a customer support capacity.
- Have experience leading user operations at scale
- Are adept at using and managing CRM or other third-party tools (eg. Zendesk, Help Scout) to improve efficiency
- Enjoy working with multiple stakeholders and teams on complex cross-functional projects
- Care deeply about delivering Africa's most delightful customer experience and go the extra mile to solve problems for users. You are passionate about helping entrepreneurs succeed.
- Are constantly seeking out improved processes and tools to better achieve our operational goals, rather than managing the status quo.
Application Closing Date
17th October, 2021 at 11:59 PM WAT.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Instructions (Read carefully)
- Click the Apply Now button to go to the application form, and answer the application question.
- In your cover letter, please take care to explain how your professional and personal experiences have set you up to thrive in this role. This is important. We find that while unsuccessful applicants tend to simply summarize their CV, successful applicants are able to clearly articulate how their background makes them uniquely suited for this role.