Lighting Finance Technology Nigeria Limited is an innovative Online based organization in the business of giving out Loans and Credit facilities to deserving applicants that meet requirements for such loans via our Applications.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Call Center Recovery Agent
Location: Billings Way / Oregun, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- A liaison between businesses and customers, collections agents are responsible for communicating directly with customers to collect debts and resolve outstanding balances. This role requires a high level of customer service, persuasion, and negotiation skills, as well as a mind for problem-solving to work with customers to resolve their debts and collect payment.
- Collections agents also work closely with accounts receivable, sales, and legal departments to develop strategies for collecting on delinquent accounts and determine when further actions are necessary. A high level of attention to detail and excellent record keeping ensure that payment plans are recorded and communication with customers is documented.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A collections agent’s primary duty is communicating with customers, usually via telephone, to resolve delinquent accounts and collect payment on debts. This requires patience and diligence as collections agents frequently deal with debtors avoiding their phone calls or quickly hanging up once they realize the call is an attempt to collect a debt. Additionally, some customers can be hostile or rude when dealing with a collections agency.
Negotiation and Debt Settlement:
- Negotiation is important as collections agents develop and enact payment plans that eliminate the debt and are manageable for the customer, preventing accounts from falling into delinquency again. Alternatively, collections agents may need to negotiate for a settlement so that the agency receives payment on a certain percentage of the debt.
- Collections agents keep detailed records of all customer communications, payment plans that customers have agreed to, and amounts paid via telephone. While most collections agencies use software to assist with managing customer records and maintaining oversight of debt balances and received payments, collections agents still have to ensure that records are entered and maintained accurately throughout the debt collection process.
Research and Customer Location:
- Often, collections agents have to locate debtors in order to begin the recovery process. This aspect of the job can involve accessing database information, pulling up credit reports, and locating other publicly-available records in adherence to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Collections agents are skilled at researching and processing high volumes of information to maintain accurate records of debtor addresses and phone numbers to support debt recovery efforts.
- A High School Diploma or GED with one to two years of customer service or telemarketing experience
Extensive experience in working as a collection agent within a financial institution
- Proficient in preventing losses, controlling delinquent balances and collecting delinquent accounts
- Sound knowledge of collection practices, regulations and procedures, and telephone mannerisms
- Solid understanding of repayment schedules and bad debt management
- Collections agents spend much of their time pursuing customers with overdue balances and negotiating payments to settle debts.
- Customer service – collections agents are customer-facing representatives of their agencies.
- Negotiation – working with customers to resolve their debts, whether through a payment plan or a lump-sum settlement amount, is a vital part of the collections agent’s role.
- Patience and diligence – often, collections agents need to be patient and diligent, especially when it comes to tracking down the individuals responsible for paying off a debt as customers may avoid calls from collections agents or quickly hang up.
- Persuasion – in addition to negotiation skills, collections agents should be persuasive in explaining why it’s in a customer’s best interest to pay off a particular debt.
N35,000 - N60,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.