Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education, and economic initiatives in Nigeria.
In anticipation of The Partnership for Learning for All in Nigeria (PLANE) project which focuses on “improving basic education and tackling fundamental system constraints by raising the quality of teaching and learning” in key state areas (Kano, Kaduna, Jigawa & Abuja) and to strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer - Teacher Education
Locations: Jigawa, Kaduna and Kano
Slots: 3 Openings
Job Category: Fixed Term, Technical
- The Technical Officer - Teacher Education will be responsible for supporting development and roll-out of teacher professional development and strengthening of school leadership.
- H/She will contribute to regular reporting activities of the project also ensuring the facilitation of in-service teachers training.
- Support in designing and writing of teacher training manual to improve teacher practice for basic literacy and math instruction.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field, and 5-7 years relevant experience.
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field, and 3-5 years relevant experience
- 2-4 years’ experience with education programs
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Prior team lead experience preferred. Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization.
- International or Domestic (US) Program Development or Program management preferred.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Application Closing Date
12th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document with the position applied for and Location well captured in the subject column to: [email protected]
Click here for more information
- The position advertised is in anticipation of a possible award.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.