The Workplace Centre Limited - Our client, an International School in the education sector, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IGCSE English Language & Literature Teacher
Location: Ikeja, GRA, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time / Permanent
Start Date: November 2021
- Plan, organize, and provide instruction in English that is aligned with the Cambridge curriculum and school standards to meet the varied learning styles, abilities, and needs of students.
- Develop and deliver lesson plans that utilize a broad range of appropriate teaching techniques and strategies.
- Address all aspects of communication through appropriate instruction that develops each student’s knowledge and abilities inappropriate grade levels and subjects.
- Administer academic assessments for the purpose of evaluating student progress for meeting academic learning targets and progress in knowledge acquisition.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior required to run an orderly and productive classroom environment.
- Value and support students to achieve their full potential
- Effectively manage the behavior of students
- Engage in curriculum development and planning activities, individually and as a team
- Participate in standardization/verification and moderation, as required
- Ensure provision is aligned with best practices nationally
- Take responsibility as required for the development of a relevant curriculum area
- Take responsibility for achieving the section’s targets in retention, attendance, achievements, high grades, added value, and student satisfaction
- Oversee assigned out-of-classroom activities during the school day, as needed.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the principal or superintendent.
- Bachelor's Degree or above in Education, English Language.
- M.Sc. MBA will be an added advantage.
- Teacher's license holder is very important.
- At least 4 - 7 years of teaching experience in Cambridge IGCSE in an International School.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication and expression skills.
Application Closing Date
12th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of thr mail.