Topline Limited is a Pipeline and Process Engineering firm specializing in Pipeline Construction, Pipeline Descaling, Pipeline Integrity Survey and Inspection, Cathodic Protection Services, and related services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fabrication / Base Manager
Job Ref: TPL-HR-JBD-060
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Fabrication / Base Manager will oversee fabrication processes as well as supervise employees at the base. He/she will provide leadership and direction to the Fabrication/Base team in order to achieve corporate objectives on time and under budget, while coordinating and communicating with multiple departments.
- Management responsibilities include coordinating team performance to meet corporate product delivery deadlines. Also responsible for new employee training and for measuring and tracking team performance metrics.
- Manage all fabrication/base operations including personnel and resource optimization to support the annual budget.
- Provide guidance and leadership to all employees to ensure effective and efficient flow of work, and ensure all employees recognize their fundamental role in the production process.
- Interface with customers and suppliers to ensure consistent quality of product, validation of process, provide necessary documentations and enforcing good manufacturing systems and process.
- Manage and control all quality control activities in accordance with identified Quality Assurance standards, company procedures, client specifications and contract requirements.
- Recommend and initiate improvements to production processes, to increase manufacturing efficiency.
- Plan & schedule, operations, maintenance, manpower etc. to deliver quality products on time.
- Control and Maintain Fabrication/Base Department’s Budget
- Responsible for compliance with safety and housekeeping requirements.
- Establish processes and procedures compliant to ISO 3834 and IMS standards
- Fully develop and implement management structure to ensure API and ISO standards were met.
- Analyze shop drawings and work orders to plan layout and assembly for custom products on a project basis.
- Provide training and education to staff on new equipment, new systems and protocols to improve production rates
- Set department goals and develop outline for achievement.
- Recommend and/or administer personnel actions in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Facilitate employee hiring, training and development. Ensure training and education on specific tasks and Company related functions.
- Ensure equipment and tools are secure and used correctly.
- Coordinate fabrication shop product deliveries with the Logistics/Warehouse team.
- Create and manage annual tooling and machinery budget.
- May be exposed to excessive noise, welding gases and fumes, and varying weather conditions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Skills Required
- A minimum of 15 years of managerial experience
- B.Sc / M.Sc in Mechanical Engineering or Production Engineering.
- Should have knowledge and experience of various welding practices pertaining to TIG, MIG, SMAW
- Should have knowledge of painting, sandblasting, NDT process, ASME, GMAW and GTAW.
- Ability to understand and implement workplace safety procedures.
- Practical knowledge of fabrication processes and equipment required.
- Read and interpret weld process according to AWS and ASME section IX.
- Demonstrate ability to supervise diverse work groups in a team environment using effective listening, coaching, training, investigative and problem-solving skills, ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment and effective time management in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Able to use IT software and complete transactions pertaining to fabrication or welding operations; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2021.