We are a steadily growing Group of Companies with Head Office in Lagos. Our business expansion has necessitated the recruitment of self-motivated and experienced individuals with proven performance track records to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head, Internal Audit and Risk Management
The position reports directly to the Group Chairman
Duties and Responsibilities
- He will primarily be responsible for the ongoing development, coordination, maintenance, testing, and monitoring of compliance with the regulatory standards.
- He will coordinate various audit related activities either internally or in conjunction with External Audit firms to review the effectiveness of controls surrounding financial records and operational processes.
Qualifications and Experience
- Develop strategy, vision, objectives, and goals for the Internal Audit Department.
- Lead the annual risk assessment and development of the annual Internal Audit plan.
- Accountable for the departmental budget
- Ensure Internal Audits are performed m a timely and quality manner arid in accordance with departmental policies and regulatory standards. Drive the adoption of robust data analysis to support audit results.
- Conduct risk assessments and establish internal control policies to mitigate identified risks for the Group.
- Perform audit procedures to verify and ensure security of the company assets and conduct routine audit investigations.
- Report procedural deviations timely to the Group Chairman while drawing attention of all job holders to observed anomalies for corrective and remedial actions.
- Analyzes data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with managements established policies or procedures.
- Communicates the results of audits and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management. Works with IT and other departments to understand and assess the impact of changes to existing processes and systems.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant discipline
- Membership of recognised professional accounting body such as CAN, ACCA, ACAEW, etc.
- 10 years of experience in internal auditing or in an Audit firm 5 years of which should be in supervising or managing audit activities
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Certification in Forensic audit will be an added advantage.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office products fl.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Skill for flowcharting and using other business software to
- prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
The remuneration package attached to each position is attractive, within industry standard and negotiable.
Application Closing Date
9th September, 2014
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications together with detailed CV and a recent passport photograph via e-mail to: [email protected]