Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to over 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of 4.8 million farmers. Through our purpose to 'Re-imagine Global Agriculture and Food Systems', Olam aims to address the many challenges involved in meeting the needs of a growing global population, while achieving positive impact for farming communities, our planet and all our stakeholders. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, Olam currently ranks among the top 30 largest primary listed companies in terms of market capitalisation on SGX-ST.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Farm Manager
- As the leading farm to shelf organization Olam values its plantations as the starting point and source of all prosperity.
- The Estate Manager is a leader dedicated to the development and betterment of the plantation estate. The role is multidimensional starting from managing people to land development and working with vendors.
- The incumbent would be responsible for managing the palm and rubber plantation from all phases of estate works including land development, replanting, maintenance of optimum crop production, cost management and overall estate operations.
- New land development for rubber estates, nursery establishments, land clearing, planting, maintenance and upkeep.
- Responsible for the overall estate operations and budget/cost estimation within cost maturity target
- Planning and management of fertilizers stores, chemicals, and machinery
- Build the required talent for the estate. Guide the team on the entire plantation procedures
- Implementation of all the requirement for planting TLC and LC
- Land identification, purchasing, and evaluation for high yield plantations
- Conduct periodical reviews of the plantation operations at different locations.
- Great networking with government agencies and environmental departments for regulatory approvals.
- Understand environmental and social impact assessment, conduct assessments periodically.
- Obtain primary yield production and identify cases where there is variance with last year yield. Plan remedial action in case of negative variance.
- Diploma, Advanced / Higher / Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree, Postgraduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Agricultural, Plantation Management, Aquaculture / Forestry or equivalent
- Minimum 10-15 Years of working experience, preferably in plantation and estate management roles with a large organization.
- Language - English & French is a must for this role
- Possess excellent people skills, leadership qualities and ability to work independently. Motivating staff for process orientation and being a go-to problem solver.
- Experiences in land clearing, P&D, replanting, new planting, and development of areas.
- Conversant with the use of a personal computer is highly desirable
Application Closing Date