PTK Consulting Limited - Our client, a foremost construction company, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Experience in the design of buildings power, lighting, wiring systems, electric motors, navigation systems, utilities and communication
- Experience in calculation of demand loads, diversity factors and production of concept reports.
- Able to evaluate the effectiveness of the design and propose design changes if necessary.
- Able to identifying LLI (Long Lead Items) and propose local and international subsuppliers/vendors.
- Able to prepare Technical Requisitions according to customer requirements and international standards.
- Able to follow up and check sub-supplier/vendor electrical equipment and documentation.
- Able to produce installation JC’s (Job Cards).
- Able to estimate bulk material and labour needed to perform the installation.
- Able to inspect electrical components and materials and ensure that material on site are being adequately stored and protected prior to their installation.
- Ability to lead, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate and technically support installation personnel during the project installation phase.
- Ability to Lead the Failure / Root Cause analysis process (RCA) for critical or repetitive failures and to perform Incident Investigations if occurred during project installation/commissioning phase.
- Ability to cooperate with colleagues from other Technical Department during the design and project installation phase.
- Ability to contribute to project health and safety of on-site personnel.
- MSc or BSc Degree - Early graduates will be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years experience from O&G industry is a must.
- Conversant with engineering codes such as IEC, British, European, ATEX, standards.
- Experience from working with UPS’s / LIR/ SWG’s rooms is a huge advantage.
- A sound understanding of LOTO (Log Of/Tag Off) process and Permit to Work.
- Experience in 2D design tools like AutoCad or such is highly desirable.
- Relevant OEM electrical engineering background is desirable
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Professional user of MS Word & Excel.
- Strong theoretical background in electrical engineering.
- Knowledge of automation and PLC programming is beneficial
- Ability to find the good technical and practical solutions on complex electrical issues.
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to perform work tasks in an orderly, systematic manner to agreed deadlines.
- Structured, creative and solution oriented.
N350,000 - N400,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
28th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using "Electrical Engineer - Ikoyi" as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only those who meet the criteria should apply.