Synapse Services is a Centre for Psychological Medicine that is committed to providing a full range of mental health and substance misuse services in a caring, patient- centred environment. We are located in the heart of Nigeria - Abuja, with branches in Lagos, and Anambra state. We provide first class psychological and psychiatric care, with a range of therapeutic programs suited to individual needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Audit Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Head, Internal Audit
- Plan and carry out financial, regulatory, compliance or operational reviews/audits.
- Coordinates work with Risk, Legal & Compliance and other control-related activities and with others within Internal Audit. Ensure daily compliance on the internal and financial policies of the facility.
- Do a daily call over on all expenses across all synapse centres allocated to you and ensure that all postings are correctly done
- Takes routine stocks check and verify that records in the bin cards show true representation of stock on ground
- Ensure that costs are not over stated on all expenses.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory policies.
- Ensure that internal control system is in place so as to control loss, theft and risk in the facility.
- Identifies any internal control gap and measures for its improvement.
- Report to management all risk issues in accordance with auditing standards.
- Flag up any internal control issue.
- Performs audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques.
- Analyses and concludes on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment.
- Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Documents the results of audit work in accordance with audit department and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Assess, evaluate and promote compliance to Synapse internal policies.
- Contributes, as appropriate, in the year-end financial audit with the external auditor.
- Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within Synapse.
- Provide feedback on Accounting Procedures.
Requirements and Experience
- Degree in Accountancy, Finance, Economics or Business Administration
- Student or fully-qualified member of ACCA, ICAN, CIA
- 3-years experience in a finance role (2 of which are in internal audit)
- Understands/can review financial statements and management accounts
- Eye for detail and can think out-of-the-box
- Can keep confidential/classified information
- Can work well with others in a very fast-paced environment
- Good report writing skills
- Good in written and spoken English
- Very organized, can keep track of and complete multiple assignments
- Respects deadlines
- Can use MS-Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook
- Can use video conferencing applications like Skype, Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams
- Must reside in Abuja.
Application Closing Date
26th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Application will be reviewed on a rolling basis.